750 Storm Turbo?

sebrook

Reaction score
I don't want to waste anyone's time but a buddy and I are looking for any and all info on how to do a home made turbo setup for a 93 750 Storm. We're flatlanders from Ontario but I know there's nowhere like the mountains for guys that know about turbos. If you have any ideas or know any sites for info on how to, I'm all ears. Thanks for your time and send some snow our way! We don't have any and it's making us crazy - so bad we want to turbo a Storm!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't that what buck lake bob originally started doing turbos on?

sebrook

Reaction score
Ya, it's a tripple - three pipes into a collector - bone stock.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i speak for everyone....Please post pics of this project!!

sebrook

Reaction score
If we can get enough info to make it worthwhile - I will. It may take a little time to get everything together though. My buddies a mechanic and I've been around sleds for years but neither of us have much real turbo experience so that's why we're looking for any help we can get.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you hook up the exhaust to the turbo. turbo to the carbs. air in to the turbo and whole bunch of fuel then a bunch of hold on and squeeze. will be sweet to see it run.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really hard to turbo a triple, never mind a carbed triple! :D You might want to call Fastrax and have a chat with Curt, he might be able to help you out.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really hard to turbo a triple, never mind a carbed triple! :D You might want to call Fastrax and have a chat with Curt, he might be able to help you out.

yeah exactly. the way the exhaust timing works it is hard to keep boost. it can and has been done but the guys that have done it spent SO SO SO much time and money figureing it out. turbo performance might also be a place to cal they have one.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to waste anyone's time but a buddy and I are looking for any and all info on how to do a home made turbo setup for a 93 750 Storm. We're flatlanders from Ontario but I know there's nowhere like the mountains for guys that know about turbos. If you have any ideas or know any sites for info on how to, I'm all ears. Thanks for your time and send some snow our way! We don't have any and it's making us crazy - so bad we want to turbo a Storm!

Actually youd be wasting your time.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buck Lake Bob is a Doo man

Yes, that is true. However, he used to sell and install Aerocharger turbo kits for polaris, cat and doo. He may still have some of the polaris kits left 780-388-3939 Ask for Bob.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is true. However, he used to sell and install Aerocharger turbo kits for polaris, cat and doo. He may still have some of the polaris kits left 780-388-3939 Ask for Bob.

took an old guy to agree with me but i thought if i remembered right he was originally known as TURBO BOB kinda rolls off the tongue heh.:d thats way back late 80s early 90s though if i remember right. i am sure i heard rumors of a turboed storm back then.

sebrook

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the info coming - we're going to give Bob a call as well as a guy I've tracked down in Michigan who has been turboing Polaris triples since the early nineties. We know there is lots to overcome to make it work but we haven't given up yet.

Super Kaz

Reaction score
I know this is a old thread but thought I would post and say it is possible

Set up from when it was built in 1993
93StormTurbo009.jpg

How it is now. Been redoing it with new top end and fuel lines ect.
IMAG0989.jpg

100_1179.jpg

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To quote RH, are you comfortable taking a $100 bill and burning it between your fingers? If not I'd persue a different project.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when I turboed a 670 in 98.... carbs vents where ported to boost.....this gave the extra fuel needed......if you ran 7 psi boost....the carbs got 7 PSI to the float bowls through the vent line....

what kind of boost you running? how does it run? any dyno runs?

Last edited:

Super Kaz

Reaction score
I remember when I turboed a 670 in 98.... carbs vents where ported to boost.....this gave the extra fuel needed......if you ran 7 psi boost....the carbs got 7 PSI to the float bowls through the vent line....

what kind of boost you running? how does it run? any dyno runs?

It has a power jet set-up and a 1 to 1 fmu set-up to add the extra fuel. I have not dynoed it but I believe the guy who built it did. On 7 psi it made around 200hp on 93 and on race fuel at 14 psi made around 250hp. I bought it with the top end melted from the second owner, so still putting it back together.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any idea why it melted down? not enough fuel? I ran a homemade type of jet system......took a fuel valve of a B&S engine and silver soldered a tub on.....I tapped in to the float bowl and put a primmer fitting and ran hose up to the valve....I'm trying to remember but 1 turn was 2 jet sizes.....it has been 14 years....cant remember! the funny part was I just found one of my spare fuel valve just a few days ago when going through some boxes.....boy does that bring back memories! lol do you have EGT/AF gauge or how are you tunning......that was always my bad point...I dont remember a wide band A/F gauge......I ran a race pack with EGT......the 670 worked great.....well for it's day.....never blew up....almost like my yamy....just a lot lighter lol

now you got me thinking about pulling out my 809 triple out of my ZX.....I want to put a 670 in for the kid but a turbo 670 would work great.....lol

It has a power jet set-up and a 1 to 1 fmu set-up to add the extra fuel. I have not dynoed it but I believe the guy who built it did. On 7 psi it made around 200hp on 93 and on race fuel at 14 psi made around 250hp. I bought it with the top end melted from the second owner, so still putting it back together.

Top Bottom