660 heating issues

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do you solve the heating problem in the 2008 grizz 660, the carb is always vapour locks. any help would be great

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are several threads in this section related to your problem. Have a look and see if any of them may help. I'm almost positive this issue has come up several times in the past, so there should be pages of useful tips. Good luck!

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check other posts, but in the meantime take the side panels under the tank off, and wear your asbestos undies.

TGS

Reaction score
when is the last time yoiu cleaned your rad out real good? Get in behind the rad with a hose and wash it from the backside. Also, right below the rad is a plastic mount the piles up with mud/grass/snow. I cut the bottom of that plastic piece out so all the stuff that goes in there falls out. I also found that whenever you've been riding hard for a while and stop it helps to pull the seat off. It acts as a giant insulator. Fan override is a must on these quads.

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the quad is really clean, theres no mud or anything on the rad, took the side panels off still over heats. tryed a different type of coolant still no luck

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you take the rad right out of it?

you might be surprised if you do.

other than that.

you have thermostat that could maybe not be opening all the way.

when i took my head off for my motor work, i found mine Stuck wide open.

and if not that then its not circulating properly.

bustinlimits

Reaction score
i had the same issue with my 06 660 i was told to drill some holes in the side curtains so i did and i have never had the issue again. Would suggest rideing with good pants though as if the motor is hot and you hit water the steem pours out the holes and gets a little warm. I also put a screen on the front of my quad and helps keep the mud out of the rad... Might help cured mine.. good luck..

Top Bottom