5th wheel hitch issues....

kimwin

Reaction score
except most of new superduty trucks with the diesel motor came with 3.73 gears and now in 09 they are comming with 3.55 gears to try and help with the fuel mileage
i think only the V10 comes with stock 4.10 gearing

mine has 3:55's and its 08 one of the first ones

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
firstly that trailer weighs 11500# dry, the gvwr is 15500# this includes water,propane,cargo carrying capacity. he has plenty of truck and hitch to pull that load without a doubt empty or loaded! these #'s are facts not guesses. do not assume a trailer is heavy because it looks big

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the weights of the toy hauler models one of these he owns and if you do the math of shipping weight and carying capacity there are 6 models thay weigh 18k loaded so 90% chance he overloaded that hitch and that srw superduty is not rated for that much weight go by a kenworth if you want to tow that it is as bad as the guy with 2 quads on a half ton and a 30 ft holiday trailer 900% chance he is over weight too

kimwin

Reaction score
wouldnt own a kenworth, do u know he was loaded? just cause the trailer says how much u can carry do u think u r going to haul that, i own one and i know what it ways with three quads in it, a compessor,an extra generator, slip tank full, truck full of fuel, beer, 3 bodies, yeah im a bit overweight, but not much not full of water though i fill up when iget there or close..... my trailer was under gvw, truck was over, my trailer has 15 inch wheels those u r talking about have 16 so they can haul more, but my trailer was well under the 15500 rating...........

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull a load of round hay bales or a load of cattle then talk heavy trailers.Holiday trailers are cardboard.If you pull heavy you should have gooseneck not fiver.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah well said iam amazed at the stuff that is pulled up hyway 63 just because it says SUPERDUTY dosnt meen its a kenworth i just shake my head today i seen on hyway 16 a sunfire pulling a 20 foot pull camper honsty i cant make this stuff up so defenily the people that sell these trailer to people with under rated towing rigs should be held responsible for there action well that my 2 cents:nono:

gotta agree with you on wendsday goin betwween vale and blue river got caught behind a travel trailer doin 60 gettin poed wondering wtf get your sh-- together and get goin. finally got room to pass it was a 25' tandem trailer,bumper pull, being towed behind a freekin early 90s ranger. do these people not think:confused: what if....... just my two cents

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even if that trailer is only 16k, you shouldn't be loading a hitch to it's max. People are just stupid. He's lucky they even replaced his hitch under warranty.

Top Bottom