532 to Trunk Rd, west of Chain Lakes?

iamcanadian

Reaction score
I was thinking of accessing the Trunk Road from 532 west of Chain Lakes. I will be towing a 26 ft holiday trailer... is this 'pass' ok? or is it not recommended? It looks like beautiful country that I would like to try out, but I've never been thru 532 to the Trunk Road... any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

quadzilla

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend it if you are pulling a trailer, it is a long steep grade.We tried with a van pulling a rent trailer that slept 8 people, and we had to get out to lighten the load cuz that little 302 wouldn't pull anymore, plus there was a sign sating it wasn'r recommended for vehicles pulling trailers. but there is a viewpoint at the top that I can swear you can see the lights of Lethbridge at night lol good luck!

Skyhigh

Reaction score
I pull my toy hauler tent trailer with the quad on the front a couple times a year over it. Not bad except right at the top, gets pretty rough and if its real hot out the truck will warm up a bit. You could always just go down through Highwood house. Much easier drive.

iamcanadian

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I think I will turn off at Longview and head west on 541. Sooo many people have told me about that view from the top... I will have to take a trip up there in the truck just to check it out.

Top Bottom