40 Years of Snowmobiling

Reaction score
It has been a blast, the best part has been growing up with my kids and teaching them the sport. Now they are teaching me. It is awsome to ride with them and to watch them ride. I look forward to each time they are coming out to Revy, I know I am going to have a fun filled but busy weekend of riding. My son and son-in-law are tremendous guys, it is an honor to ride with them and be a part of the group. These two guys are super riders and Todd, even though he is still healing from his accident last summer, is back on the sled and riding the mountains. Thanks Jason for posting the pics and your good wishes, love you to son.

My daughter, what can I say? She is fantastic! She rides the new sleds as a test rider (but won't tell me anything about the changes), she knows the mountains here like the back of her hand and is always there to make sure I am still coming along. I love you too kid, thanks for the very touching words. You had mom crying. No, it has been 40 years, I started in 1969 with that Polaris. My daughter-in-law is another great rider and you can hear her coming on the three cylinder Yamaha. She takes no guff from anyone. And when all four of them are out here, we have nothing but good times. My granddaughter is getting into the sport, she has a Kitty Kat and rides it around the farm but loves to ride with Uncle Todd when in the mountains. My new grandson, already loving the sport and he is going to take after his dad, I can see that already.

Many changes over the years, I would have said you were crazy if you had told me even 10 years ago about the sleds we would be using now. My first! A 1964 Polaris Colt, 12 h.p. My only used sled. My first new one. A 1970 Scorpion 400. Various Ski-Doos, and Arctic Cats have been in the line up over the years. I have worked at Ski-Doo, Arctic Cat and Yamaha dealerships for many years.

There is a sign on my sled that says: "Snowmobiling is Life" and after my health problems last year, this is certainly true. It has brought me back and I will stay with it as long as I am able to sit on a sled.

Thanks to all for the congrats, it is much appreciated and if I can find an old picture or two, I will post it.

As someone said, "you have one life, live it!"

Regulation Ron

Stephy

Reaction score
Oh...by the way Dad...I'm coming home this weekend, make sure my driveway is clear....:p just teasing ! Be there sometime Friday !:d

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a nice story Ron, very inspirational. My family is just starting to ride with me now and i hope my girls will ride like Stephy one day. I spend a lot of time in Revy and am a member of the club but live a little to far to make meetings etc. So it was nice to see that pic so i can put a face to the name. I and my group of friends in southern Alberta sure appreciate all the work you do and others (volunteers) out there to give us such a great place to ride. Gonna be back at the end of Feb for three days and would sure like to buy a bevy or two for some of the volunteers.

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
RIGHT ON RON. can't wait to get 40+ years in riding snowmobles. I don;t have far to go. Was raised in Sask. To bad we don't get the snow like when i was a kid groing up. Man if we had the mechins we have today back then it would be awsome:d:d. I will have to dig threw the old photo to see if ma has some old sleds I used to ride. Well again Ron get another 40 in and enjoy ever trip. BECAUSE IN THE PICKS IT SURE SHOWS YOU ARE.:d And have a :beer::beer: and the end of each enjoyable day.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Our family has been riding with Ron since we moved here 10 yrs. ago. He took us in under his wing and has taken us to the most amazing places to ride and always brings us back. Always looks after us real good. I spend most of my time riding with him and enjoy every minute of it. :d Says he takes me along cause I don`t snivel, try hard and am very entertaining. Thanks for that Ron. We are all very lucky to have him on our side.

Ron on our first trip out this season, we hooked up with 2 guys from AB. that helped us clean the cabin and a couple club members from SK. and had a great day on the back of Frisby.
IMGP0009.jpg

Here is Ron taking a pic. of one of my many crashes (he keeps and album for me), it`s not uncommon for him to yell out scores on the good ones. :d He has been teaching me to ride for yrs. now but I`m not supposed to blame it on him. :rolleyes:
IMGP0011.jpg

BoulderFrisbyendofJan020.jpg

Jason LaRoy

Reaction score
I'd better give my mom a BIG THANKS for being mom over the years.Winter rolls around and she pretty much is spending week ends by herself looking after the kids and having a meal ready.Thank you mom we love all you do for us.:snowmobilers_wave::BBQ:

Stephy

Reaction score
You better post some of those pics.... the one stuck had me a little worried about the old man;)......he said after this weekend he felt like a beginner rider...like you said, I also hope to be riding like that at 64....:p

Top Bottom