• 703E626C-B161-4F52-853B-39BB81FA6177.jpg
    703E626C-B161-4F52-853B-39BB81FA6177.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=OorL9ZWDuJA

pretty amazing how close the Sidewinder could be to a doo 850 with a LW can,hood and battery. Lol. Apples to apples if the sw was a 153 with the 2.6 powerclaw. Also add electric start on the doo, not shot.

yes it very amazing ... unfortunately haters will be haters.
Mine RTR right now is in that 610 ish mark if I did the CR hood a SW 162 will be 598 lbs. that’s a very respectable weight.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it very amazing ... unfortunately haters will be haters.
Mine RTR right now is in that 610 ish mark if I did the CR hood a SW 162 will be 598 lbs. that’s a very respectable weight.

That's 100% true, there are plenty that hate them and one of the reason is because they can't ride them. Most don't have the skill set to make them work and end up fighting the weight. Thus the weight issue become the scapegoat. So yes haters will be haters because that's what sheep do, fallow instead of trying new tricks and learning something. IMO their lost our gain.
As for the weight BS, its exactly that, geometry and design quickly over come those issue, so unless your planning to dead lift the darn thing the weight is a non issue.....unless your a buttery dude and with all the desk jockey's i imagine many are...LOL.
Another thing is the power to weight, another BS, imo. Those number work only in your shop at sea level, now in real world at 6,000ft that NA 2 smoker turns into a sniffling puppy and is no mad dog.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't own this sled, but I have rode it lots. Viper with a Boost-it turbo, CR tunnel, Baker B-motion skid, elka shocks, 174 3inch track ext ext.

They told me it was around 280hp and it sure felt like it. Bars were too high for me (and Im 6 foot 3) but other than that it was a fun sled to ride.

Not what Id want to ride every day, but I had lots of fun with it. Grabbing a fist full of throttle on the trail into eagles pass was quite the rush! haha

1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nailed it!! Should try before you judge!!!

I agree with what Mike said. Many just don’t have the skill set or imo just the strength/stamina to throw around a 4s so blame it on the weight. But I don’t feel they are 100% wrong. The weight is a factor if you aren’t used to it or know how to use the power to make it work for you.

I have a feeling my experience would be a cross between this guy and his buddy on the 2s. Borderline in control with plenty of stucks and fall offs. https://youtu.be/TYpmAE9jKw8

Hell how I ride my T3 I have now is kind of like that already lol. Just ask Doug-I suck in the trees lol.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup was CW Red Deer Sled .. Erik kind of rode it.. lol

Erik rode the Cat most the time. I put more miles on it then he did..lol

You guys are talking about Erik Anderson, he likes the flat Cat steering so ya the Cat would be his choice. I see he has that tripod set up mounted to the Viper or did they come that way from OEM? He did the same to his Sidewinder installed the tripod and swears by it.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are talking about Erik Anderson, he likes the flat Cat steering so ya the Cat would be his choice. I see he has that tripod set up mounted to the Viper or did they come that way from OEM? He did the same to his Sidewinder installed the tripod and swears by it.

Yep Erik Anderson, good friend of mine.

Think he added it. I personally would have liked the bars about 6 inches lower.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Erik Anderson, good friend of mine.

Think he added it. I personally would have liked the bars about 6 inches lower.

Great guy, he's in Vernon now. Well last time i saw him, working in sell's for Vernon motor sports.
A lot of guys are going with the lower bars, even tall dudes it seems to be the thing especially for technical. I tried them lower and find myself too unbalance and unnatural so kinda gone in the middle now from previous sleds. You should of seen my RT, it had ape hangers on it hahaha.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great guy, he's in Vernon now. Well last time i saw him, working in sell's for Vernon motor sports.
A lot of guys are going with the lower bars, even tall dudes it seems to be the thing especially for technical. I tried them lower and find myself too unbalance and unnatural so kinda gone in the middle now from previous sleds. You should of seen my RT, it had ape hangers on it hahaha.

Yep he is still at Vernon power sports. I find lower bars makes side hilling and yeah technical riding easier.

But when someone is lending you a 40,000$ sled you can't be too picky! Haha :beer:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I have a bit of a history.....LOL

1916689_433739400464_5855156_n.jpg 2006 Apex stocker
1917842_331409105371_5797297_n.jpg 1917842_331409110371_6187244_n.jpg 2006 holy fawk missile
10245360_10154057058665372_679160642_n.jpg 190 Nytro beating up on 2-smokes in drags
16682033_10154791269485465_3618204620135465760_n.jpg '17 Winder....god I love this thing. CR resonator can, 7.5 riser.
27972890_10160186857915372_1634571960365284815_n.jpg kiddo getting his Yamalube brainwashing treatment....heh heh
17522769_10158582391255372_7709018444943716572_n.jpg and WTF happened here? I get to count this right guys? It's 4 stroke, and goes on snow. right? LOL

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with what Mike said. Many just don’t have the skill set or imo just the strength/stamina to throw around a 4s so blame it on the weight. But I don’t feel they are 100% wrong. The weight is a factor if you aren’t used to it or know how to use the power to make it work for you.

I have a feeling my experience would be a cross between this guy and his buddy on the 2s. Borderline in control with plenty of stucks and fall offs. https://youtu.be/TYpmAE9jKw8

Hell how I ride my T3 I have now is kind of like that already lol. Just ask Doug-I suck in the trees lol.

Dale, sledding is all about perception. Every one has there own idea of what sledding is about and the internet can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your own thoughts of what your idea of sledding is.
Some people sledding at the cabin or going ice fishing is idea. Other's hanging out with their buddies and ripping up trails maybe doing lake drags.
On S&M today is tree riding with many, other's might be technical and it wasn't that long ago highmarking was the thing.
Tomorrow who knows ???????
People will buy a sled to fit their style and they will hang with and ride with people with the same interest in riding and idea.
This doesn't mean one sled is better then the other but on forums with mixed ideas of sledding you get the BS. The bad thing of internet forums.

Here is why internet can be bad, my idea of mountain riding is NOT tree riding. Tree riding can be done any where that it snows and doesn't require a mountain to do it.
"Now that my thought" and many that tree ride will argue that. Fair enough, that is their idea.
True mountain riding is exactly that, getting into nose bleed terrain, dealing with avalanches, cornices, crevasses and traversing what ever obstacle that come in the way generally above tree line. Its a dangerous style of riding and requires the right sled to do it.
No my version of a mountain rider is not an expert tree rider nor is he a master of technical but generally will manage these terrain to get to the terrain he likes to ride. The alpine.
The 4 stroke dominates ANY other sled in alpine terrain.
So the big question is, what is your idea sledding, you said you suck at tree riding. Practice makes perfect or maybe its not for you. Personally, i suck too at tree riding, don't like exchanging body panels for bark and limbs so don't spend a lot of time in the trees but move on to the alpine.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dale, sledding is all about perception. Every one has there own idea of what sledding is about and the internet can be a good thing or bad thing depending on your own thoughts of what your idea of sledding is.
Some people sledding at the cabin or going ice fishing is idea. Other's hanging out with their buddies and ripping up trails maybe doing lake drags.
On S&M today is tree riding with many, other's might be technical and it wasn't that long ago highmarking was the thing.
Tomorrow who knows ???????
People will buy a sled to fit their style and they will hang with and ride with people with the same interest in riding and idea.
This doesn't mean one sled is better then the other but on forums with mixed ideas of sledding you get the BS. The bad thing of internet forums.

Here is why it can be bad, my idea of mountain riding is NOT tree riding. Tree riding can be done any where that it snows and doesn't require a mountain to do it.
"Now that my thought" and many that tree ride will argue that. Fair enough, that is their idea.
True mountain riding is exactly that, getting into nose bleed terrain, dealing with avalanches, cornices, crevasses and traversing what ever obstacle that come in the way generally above tree line. Its a dangerous style of riding and requires the right sled to do it.
No my version of a mountain rider is not an expert tree rider nor is he a master of technical but generally will manage these terrain to get to the terrain he likes to ride. The alpine.
The 4 stroke dominates ANY other sled in alpine terrain.
So the big question is, what is your idea sledding, you said you suck at tree riding. Practice makes perfect or maybe its not for you. Personally, i suck too at tree riding, don't like exchanging body panels for bark and limbs so don't spend a lot of time in the trees but move on to the alpine.

Guess I'm weird, I like doing it all :beer:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep he is still at Vernon power sports. I find lower bars makes side hilling and yeah technical riding easier.

But when someone is lending you a 40,000$ sled you can't be too picky! Haha :beer:

He hasn’t been at Vernon PS for 6 months or so...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I have a bit of a history.....LOL

View attachment 212967 2006 Apex stocker
View attachment 212968View attachment 2129692006 holy fawk missile
View attachment 212970190 Nytro beating up on 2-smokes in drags
View attachment 212971'17 Winder....god I love this thing. CR resonator can, 7.5 riser.
View attachment 212972 kiddo getting his Yamalube brainwashing treatment....heh heh
View attachment 212973and WTF happened here? I get to count this right guys? It's 4 stroke, and goes on snow. right? LOL

I love the pic's. What you think of the bike? Replacement for the sled?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He hasn’t been at Vernon PS for 6 months or so...

I will have to swing by VM sports and find out today. Got to go there anyhow, got some peeps coming over for sled vids so i need to up date some videos LOL.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the pic's. What you think of the bike? Replacement for the sled?

There's a time and a place for both machines - I never use better/worse descriptions, just "different". :)

I love my big power 'Winder and she's not going anywhere!

Top Bottom