340 for the kid?

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to rid themselves of a 340? I am wanting to buy something around a 99 or newer for my son. We sold his 120 this year and now he wants a bit more of a challenge.

Thanks!

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would get him a 550 fan rmk he will be able to use it a lot longer and ride with you in the mountains

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to agree with papajake on this one rye. 340 will be fun for about 2 days then he'll be lookin for more. how old is he? my boy rides my 670,better than me probably, loves it just gotta be there to make sure he doesn't get to crazy. but at least if you get them a bigger one to start your not looking again next year.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to agree with papajake on this one rye. 340 will be fun for about 2 days then he'll be lookin for more. how old is he? my boy rides my 670,better than me probably, loves it just gotta be there to make sure he doesn't get to crazy. but at least if you get them a bigger one to start your not looking again next year.

Thanks Guys for the input, but my son is 9 and he is very small for his age. We tried a 500 fan back in the spring and he had a really tough time turning it. He will not be going to the mountains for sometime (a few years) and I want him to be abe to gain confidence slowly as he is not like his father (3/4 crazy and 1/4 stupid). I will stick to a smaller machine as he will just be bombing around the acreage and a few small trails.

Thanks again!

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
morning Ryser........ I have a 340 indy lite that my kids are too big for now. it has the typical ( oops ) "sorry dad but that tree just would'nt move look "....... so other than some slight damage, it runs real nice

Philster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pitbulll.webs.com
I've got a yammy 440 You can have for nothing in the back bush.
You just have to fix all the damage You did to it.
After all it was the one that got you started on Your road to destruction .
:ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha::ha_ha:
Ha ! Ha ! Ha !
But seriously if you are interested maybe We could get it running for Him.
:Snowmobile1::Snowmobile1:

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
morning Ryser........ I have a 340 indy lite that my kids are too big for now. it has the typical ( oops ) "sorry dad but that tree just would'nt move look "....... so other than some slight damage, it runs real nice

do you have any pics of it? Please PM me for pricing.

Thanks,

Ryeser

OverBore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking to rid themselves of a 340? I am wanting to buy something around a 99 or newer for my son. We sold his 120 this year and now he wants a bit more of a challenge.

Thanks!

A step up from the 120 would be a Dragon 700. It will be a little more tamer than a 340 but still keep your son happy for a while.

-Swede-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A step up from the 120 would be a Dragon 700. It will be a little more tamer than a 340 but still keep your son happy for a while.

:d....... wait... i have a dragon! :mad:

goes like stink just for the record...

back to topic:

Ryeser, if you get him a 340, just make sure you're certain he won't outgrow it in a winter.

Last edited:

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is just my opinion but when I was that age my family had a 440 I wouldn't go any smaller than that. anything smaller gets old fast:beer:

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but those who know me and my kid, know that we are 4 foot nothing, and will take quite a few hot summers to have my son grow, (out grow) a 340. Too much Whiskey and not enough water in our family tree! stunted The Rye growth.

Still looking for a 340 lite.

Thanks!

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother is selling his 98 480 phazer fan! Sweet little sled!
You can pm him for pics and info!(Phazerman300)
He got it when he was 11!

J

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what ypu guys are talkin bout i rode a 340 until i was 14 years old and i had fun plus IF u get stuck it's not 400 punds of metal to lift it nice and lite...i do agree with you in some ways though cuz we gt bigger sleds now and they are way funner especially having suspenion goin over bumps

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a skidoo 300 freestyle 2008 for sale my son is going to move up to a 600 this year hes used it but not abused it , and we have had it to valemont he had no problems with the hills and was able to go 89 percent of were we all went and its light and easy to move out when stuck , i think we were in swan hills too with you last winter and a bunch of others pm me if you are interested

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what ypu guys are talkin bout i rode a 340 until i was 14 years old and i had fun plus IF u get stuck it's not 400 punds of metal to lift it nice and lite...i do agree with you in some ways though cuz we gt bigger sleds now and they are way funner especially having suspenion goin over bumps

Ya!
My dad rode a 340 yamaha long track till he was 16!

J

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a skidoo 300 freestyle 2008 for sale my son is going to move up to a 600 this year hes used it but not abused it , and we have had it to valemont he had no problems with the hills and was able to go 89 percent of were we all went and its light and easy to move out when stuck , i think we were in swan hills too with you last winter and a bunch of others pm me if you are interested

I don't think I would be able to afford something that new, although it would be nice... yes you, your Fijian friend and your son rode with us last year. Please PM me with a price.

Thanks,

TR

Top Bottom