3 sleds on F150

Reaction score
So I've read some/most of the "sled deck on a 1/2 ton" thread..... and honestly there doesn't appear to be a consensus ... My question is similar but not identical. Since I'm "new-ish" here don't bite my head off if this has been asked.

I currently have an 06 F150, 2 sleds, and a Triton "tilt trailer" for them. I am considering buying the step-daughter an old(er) used/cheap sled. Would I be able to put that one in the box of the truck and tow the other two safely? Legally?

If it isn't possible, I don't need to keep looking for a 3rd.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The tongue weight on that triton is so light you will have no issues what so ever.

the issue with the deck is the weight of the deck and 2 sleds all adding to the GVW, with a trailer very little weight is transferred to the tow vehicle.

Reaction score
The tongue weight on that triton is so light you will have no issues what so ever.

the issue with the deck is the weight of the deck and 2 sleds all adding to the GVW, with a trailer very little weight is transferred to the tow vehicle.

Thank you sir.... appreciate it. Now I just gotta find a cheap sled ;)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

I agree with Bogger, you won't have a problem.

Sledding Season Can't Come Soon Enough....

Reaction score
I thought I was going to read a thread about 2 sleds on a sled deck and stacking a 3rd. I was pleasantly relieved when I read a post from a smart person.

haha I'm a dunce when it comes to this ****.... so I prefer to ask, gather info... and then make up my mind.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember about your tailgate. Will it clear the trailer? Get something with reverse if your putting it in the truck bed. Easier on the back

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure to unload the tilter when its straight. Have seen so many unload on a angle and end up with big scratches on tailgates and quarter panels.

beeledf

Reaction score
I had that exact set up but with a ride off trailer. strap your ramp to the tailgate and back right off onto the tilt trailer. Id suggest spending the money on airbags though. Doesn't hurt to have the extra help for the rear springs.

Reaction score
I had that exact set up but with a ride off trailer. strap your ramp to the tailgate and back right off onto the tilt trailer. Id suggest spending the money on airbags though. Doesn't hurt to have the extra help for the rear springs.

I also have a ride off trailer... tilts back to ride back on... or you drive off the front. What you are suggesting is how I imaged I'd do it... using the fold-down part on top of my tailgate. :) *knock wood* It won't be for a while yet anyway... perhaps not even until next season.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My tailgate hit the jack on my trailer when it was down so I pulled the stock jack and put one on that you could pull the pin and lay it sideways. Also cut a log to put under the track in the box of the truck to take pressure off the tailgate if I had it up

Poo time

Reaction score
You should be good to go.my truck was a 06 gmc 1500 and everything was legal in the weight department. My one sled is a 08 dragon 750 turbo which are very heavy.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did 2 on triton drive on drive off trailer,1 on sled deck on gmc 1500,checked at weight scale and all was good.did that set up for a few years before going 2500 deisel. wont have any issue with what your planning on doing.enjoy

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that sweet f150 doesnt have a/c or floor mats, just put all 3 up on a deck and dont look back bruh

Top Bottom