+3 a arms

nytrocharged

Reaction score
How does every one like the plus 3 I just put one on a friends sled he loves it

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never noticed a difference myself, I wouldnt do it again for the cost, wish i would have went with skinz vs Zbros also

nytrocharged

Reaction score
Ya he said it made it more rider friendly all depends on how the rear skid is set up to

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of rear skid set up is recommended with a +3 front end?

JDen

Reaction score
Never noticed a difference myself, I wouldnt do it again for the cost, wish i would have went with skinz vs Zbros also

I have it on mine and I would say the complete opposite as you! I love mine, would never go back to stock, wish I would have done it when the sled was new.

DooTraxx

Reaction score

I also thought it was a huge improvement. Would not go back to stock. Only bummer for me was I had the first year Zbroz kit on mine and after nailing a huge rock and destroying 1 side I had to replace both sides cause mine were redesigned and discontinued. On the plus side Zbroz gave me the new stuff at cost. Great customer service!

YamaDad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The skid setup is more important than the front, at least it was for me. The zbros setup does seem to work well , but not enough to justify the cost. I would only do it if replacing a damaged front end.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my Nytro i am using CR Arms and it made a huge difference. The sled is extremely easy to handle in most any off camber situation.
The Arms are 3" foreward, 36"wide and half the weight of the OEM arms. Plus the nice bonus, made in BC(Kelowna, by the man him self Chad Rebbec) for way less $$$ then Zbros or Skinz.
By moving the spindles foreward, you initially transfer more weight to the rear suspension. So now your sled will not just carry more of its weight on the rear skid but less effort is needed to steer as there is less weight on the front spindles. I found it to be very noticeble.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never spent much time on stock front end. Replaced soon after purchasing sled. Stock front end had worn out bushings, ball joints and would bind as soon as unsprung. So my skinz was a great improvement. Changed rear skids out in mine and that made a way bigger difference then the front end did on mine.
Also noticed on setup snow I can't seem to keep the plastic panel below the clutch from rubbing threw. Second one now in 1000 km. is there a fix for this? Not sure if the forward frontend is helping put extra pressure on that area of the belly pan or not? My old RT had aluminum on the backside of that plastic. The yammy clutch is much closer to plastic and hard to put much in there due to clearance issues.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never spent much time on stock front end. Replaced soon after purchasing sled. Stock front end had worn out bushings, ball joints and would bind as soon as unsprung. So my skinz was a great improvement. Changed rear skids out in mine and that made a way bigger difference then the front end did on mine.
Also noticed on setup snow I can't seem to keep the plastic panel below the clutch from rubbing threw. Second one now in 1000 km. is there a fix for this? Not sure if the forward frontend is helping put extra pressure on that area of the belly pan or not? My old RT had aluminum on the backside of that plastic. The yammy clutch is much closer to plastic and hard to put much in there due to clearance issues.

I've gone through 2 panels since 2010, but that is because i have the tendency of cutting hard on the side so the clutches eventually cut through from the panel pushing agains them.
At one time i revited a aluminum panel for extra strength but it still cut through.
Don't have a problem otherwise with panels. Well unless i roll it a few times, then i've torn the vents, pushed the oil tank into the motor. Actually broke the oil tank mounts on another occassion. My vents seem to get the worst of it, always getting torn.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've gone through 2 panels since 2010, but that is because i have the tendency of cutting hard on the side so the clutches eventually cut through from the panel pushing agains them.
At one time i revited a aluminum panel for extra strength but it still cut through.

That's not what I wanted to hear.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's not what I wanted to hear.

I know...wish i could help ya but i don't have an answer for you. I find it odd it does that on hard pack(set snow)?????
Motor mounts????

Top Bottom