2022 Cat!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think price tags are scaring anyone off right now. Polaris pretty much sold out of turbos in 4 days, and you almost have to make an appointment with a doo dealer to get in to put down a deposit. I'm not sure how this can keep up, and anticipate a flooded used market this fall.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think price tags are scaring anyone off right now. Polaris pretty much sold out of turbos in 4 days, and you almost have to make an appointment with a doo dealer to get in to put down a deposit. I'm not sure how this can keep up, and anticipate a flooded used market this fall.
They pretty well sold out in 6 hrs

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cranbrook Polaris was sold out in 1.2 hours

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to consider is pricing etc. Some folks seem to be stuck on this turbo bandwagon but there are enough aftermarket junk out there for the Cats that I would be more interested in buying an Alpha for a decent price and putting a pipe etc on it and still being able to ride it. 95% of the people out there cannot ride a stocker to its full ability. If they can afford it great, but the mass market is to whom you sell sleds, not the niche markets. Maybe Cat is hoping that Doo and Poo are pricing themselves out of the mountain market?

I looked at the Polaris pricing and to be honest, (I nearly choked on $21K for the Doo when I saw that), $26K is insane for a piece of hardware for 6 months of the year. When it breaks a simple part that's on backorder, I foresee guys being PISSED when the dealer tells them to come back in a month and pick up their sled.

A stock turbo sled north of $25,000 better have a fleshlight installed on the bars and be able to suck more than just air if I'm riding it.
Are you high?
A new alpha lists at $19,500.
Another $1000k you can get a turbo.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you high?

Linderman tune and a jaws pipe and your keeping up to the turbos and 50 lbs lighter. I’ll be going up against the new poo turbo on the 20 th. Gonna break some hearts I think. Don’t get me wrong a new cat turbo would have been sweet but us Alpha guys aren’t suffering one bit with our 20 year old rev chassis.

Attachments

• 30E32A47-6060-4827-B83C-01ECD57423EA.png
    30E32A47-6060-4827-B83C-01ECD57423EA.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 303
  • A92FC36A-3669-452B-8FD5-82CB3DDAC59D.jpg
    A92FC36A-3669-452B-8FD5-82CB3DDAC59D.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 293

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This release definitely is not exciting like the Polaris one. But AC is better off sticking with what works than releasing something that's not tested and ready. Polaris has had a lot of first year hiccups over the years. They have had so many they are getting good at recovering from them, thinking of the first year 850. Polaris did a good job handling the problems extra warranty etc, that come from practice. If Cat has first year problems, start building the gallows. Polaris has an impressive 2022 lineup new chassis, new clutch, new engine (boost), that's a lot of new for any manufacture I hope they do good. One thing for Polaris that no one is saying much about is the weight increase, marketing at its finest. AC will have there turn soon new chassis and a boosted engine, but they can't just build something that is as good it needs to be better than the rest. I will just ride my Alpha and keep smiling, when you ride a 20 year old Rev chassis with a underpowered 800 no one expects much. Should make for interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Linderman tune and a jaws pipe and your keeping up to the turbos and 50 lbs lighter. I’ll be going up against the new poo turbo on the 20 th. Gonna break some hearts I think. Don’t get me wrong a new cat turbo would have been sweet but us Alpha guys aren’t suffering one bit with our 20 year old rev chassis.
I agree. I put a jaws pipe and linderman tune in my mountain max and im blown away how it performs.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've loved my 18 MC, best sled I've owned and does not lose much on the 850 doo and polaris, ridden both in same snow conditions same day and its very close. My only concern with CAT is availability of parts, anything simple is two weeks away or more. My local dealer is Wetaskiwin typically has parts on hand but they are the only one in Edmonton area who do.

Not brand loyal at all like some on here, I'll ride whatever keeps me on the snow day after day. I hope these new clutches solve problems for CAT, then IMO they have a fantastic reliable sled. After you seal the intake of course.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you high?

LOL maybe, I was in the garage for a while, could have been too much vapours? hahaha. I hear ya buddy, but list and actual are very different. I picked up my new 2021 truck on Tuesday and it listed for $68K, but I only paid $43K. I only ran up a tab of $17,600 on the Cat website when I was looking for a 163. I don't need fancy shocks etc, I ride in the powder.

My point is kinda made by Niner, 06yamahaapex and mountainguy. Stocker and a couple minor parts and a Cat is still very capable and definitely a few thousand less (or even bigger savings) which could be a difference in sales. I'm not stuck on this, it was just a thought so don't flame me too hard..... :)

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You and i are in the same boat, i also run the linderman tune, and jaws pipe set up. Also got some lightweight goodies for rotating mass removal, titanium can as well. With my back surgery i had i wanted to make my sled as light as i could to make it easier on me. I got just as much light weight hardware in my finger as i do in my sled now. lol

Attachments

• sled.jpg
    sled.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 156

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL maybe, I was in the garage for a while, could have been too much vapours? hahaha. I hear ya buddy, but list and actual are very different. I picked up my new 2021 truck on Tuesday and it listed for $68K, but I only paid $43K. I only ran up a tab of $17,600 on the Cat website when I was looking for a 163. I don't need fancy shocks etc, I ride in the powder.

My point is kinda made by Niner, 06yamahaapex and mountainguy. Stocker and a couple minor parts and a Cat is still very capable and definitely a few thousand less (or even bigger savings) which could be a difference in sales. I'm not stuck on this, it was just a thought so don't flame me too hard..... :)

tell us more about this truck deal! That’s unreal where did u buy at? I’m always interested in a deal. At that price could buy and ship to the states for a nice little profit!!

Top Bottom