2022 Cat!

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap, I wasn't able to watch these videos earlier today. Now they are pulled. Anyone else have a link to them?
They're gone until tomorrow I'm guessing. Honestly you didn't miss much. The new colors are cool.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any word on the cat release??
A new clutch, powersteering for the thunder cat, some new blast models, a 146 alpha hard core, on the fly suspension control on the M and more orange and green colors.

The blue and black alpha looks different...

And retirement for the 65th anniversary party.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new clutch
A-tac suspension on more models
elec power steer on 900 turbo T-Cat

and a promise from Gunner that Textron is committed to build the Arctic Cat brand....

wow...

oh, the Cat's Pride Club is back...hat, jacket and a pin.....heyyy!

Last edited:

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat really needs a marketing department....their release is going on and this is all that’s out for videos lol

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the cats and think they are good sleds but hard to buy a product that’s been around over a decade.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s going to be just a world of Polaris and Brp being 1-2 and vice versa. A higher level of innovation and change needs to be done to keep strong market share.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new clutch
A-tac suspension on more models
elec power steer on 900 turbo T-Cat

and a promise from Gunner that Textron is committed to build the Arctic Cat brand....

wow...

oh, the Cat's Pride Club is back...hat, jacket and a pin.....heyyy!

Sadly, I had a one time one year membership for Cat's pride way way back in the day. Probably still have the hat and jacket somewhere. It also came with the 2001 model promo video on VHS lol.

The western cat dealers must be pretty bummed out with this year's offerings after Polaris' and Doo's unveilings.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any short tunnels and birds eye view snow flaps in the arctic cat line up?

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Cat doesn’t need a new engine or chassis......they both work awesome. I love my alpha but how could they not have a turbo alpha ready to go??? They are going to lose a lot of customers to Doo and Poo

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Cat doesn’t need a new engine or chassis......they both work awesome. I love my alpha but how could they not have a turbo alpha ready to go??? They are going to lose a lot of customers to Doo and Poo

How could you not? The answer seems obvious to me: It's the single most complicated and capital intensive development a sled OEM can deploy in the history of snowmobiles. For a company scared of investing in R&D and product improvement, the obvious move is to forego the factory turbo. The customers can always just buy the $5k aftermarket turbo.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whether they need a new engine or not, buyers are going to want to see a redesigned engine for boost application similar to what Skidoo and Polaris have done. And they are going to want to see a couple years of naturally aspirated runtime aswell. To me this means cat is still 4-5 years away from this. If cat throws a turbo on their current 800 guys will be nervous about that. Even if it works good in the aftermarket

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell, Cat could have released a 900 turbo with new plastic priced at $15K Cdn and the marketing dept would still pooch the release, and both consumers and magazines would roast it. Truth is that manufacturers are pricing themselves out of the market, and NONE of them give a rats ass about the little nagging things that seem to show up yearly on all brands, but cmon Cat - yes, you make a good sled, but BNG isn't gonna cut it anymore, nor will NOT fixing airbox issues that have been pesent since 2012. I've not seen the price points on the 22's, but they'd have to be 2-3000 less then the Polaris or Doo to sell IMHO...

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whether they need a new engine or not, buyers are going to want to see a redesigned engine for boost application similar to what Skidoo and Polaris have done. And they are going to want to see a couple years of naturally aspirated runtime aswell. To me this means cat is still 4-5 years away from this. If cat throws a turbo on their current 800 guys will be nervous about that. Even if it works good in the aftermarket
Ya might need to school me. Doo's 850 is from 2017 and it was designed for boost in mind? Cat's is from 2018 and it wasn't designed for boost in mind? Not saying either way, but how exactly would you know this?

Top Bottom