2021 Yamaha Mountain Max

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol this is just the start, Cat eventually will be blue

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be just like the old sidewinder?
Congrats Yamaha for doing practically nothing... not even their own 2 stroke.... I bet they will be a couple of thousand dollars more than cat.

Alpha rail on the Sidewinder from factory would have been nice. The few people that have done it seem to say its amazing.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel there is much more to this. Yes it’s a blue arctic cat with better warranty and a free cover. I feel the production sleds will have many slight differences by the time they come to the consumer next year. Perhaps the air box will be fixed? Will yamaha fix the exploding clutch issue? What are they working on behind the scenes for 2022? Will the Yamaha engineers be behind the turbo that we know exists for this motor? I feel big things are coming! This is something to be excited about.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I feel there is much more to this. Yes it’s a blue arctic cat with better warranty and a free cover. I feel the production sleds will have many slight differences by the time they come to the consumer next year. Perhaps the air box will be fixed? Will yamaha fix the exploding clutch issue? What are they working on behind the scenes for 2022? Will the Yamaha engineers be behind the turbo that we know exists for this motor? I feel big things are coming! This is something to be excited about.

I feel something is going on also. I just don’t know what it is though. Yamaha is known for quality so anything Yamaha does should be good for the sledding community.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like someone copy that dam shot start already

i dont think the Ctec or Polaris 850 have the capability. Engine needs to be able to start in 1/4 rotation. need some pretty precise direct injection for that. Both those engines still are 2 pull machines lots of the time.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think the Ctec or Polaris 850 have the capability. Engine needs to be able to start in 1/4 rotation. need some pretty precise direct injection for that. Both those engines still are 2 pull machines lots of the time.

The ability to start in 1/4 rotation isn't a true requirement of the implementation. There's no limitation on that. Even if the motor had to turn 2 full turns to fire itself up, as long as the energy storage system and electric motor system are capable of 2 turns the concept would work.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel it’s just another bandaid.

Since we are talking about feelings.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel something is going on also. I just don’t know what it is though. Yamaha is known for quality so anything Yamaha does should be good for the sledding community.

I think Textron will be selling the Arctic Cat snowmobile Division to Yamaha. This is just the beginning

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Textron will be selling the Arctic Cat snowmobile Division to Yamaha. This is just the beginning

I think you are very wrong on this. Can’t see that ever happening

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ability to start in 1/4 rotation isn't a true requirement of the implementation. There's no limitation on that. Even if the motor had to turn 2 full turns to fire itself up, as long as the energy storage system and electric motor system are capable of 2 turns the concept would work.

well the current capacitor can only deliver one small jolt, but ya if you used a battery or much larger capacitor i guess anythings possible. sort of defeats the purpose once the weight starts getting added back on though

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What I can see happening is Cat getting the Yamaha engineers to work with the fuel management software to develop a bullet proof seamless map for the turbo system that was supposed to be released this year. Let’s not forget this is the same system/electronics on the ctech motor that yamaha developed with Mitsubishi for the sidewinder. Nobody knows this system better then yamaha, and sounds like they have already tweaked the map for the better on the yammy version.

Top Bottom