2019 Boating Pics and Vids

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my grandpa used to say "If you don't rattle the prop, you're not river boatin!" if he was drivin' then he would give me **** if I touched bottom lol. miss that guy!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a Poker Rally in Peace River August 10 in his memory! Come on out! its a 60 mile run and dinner. Free camping at the last stop, highway accessible.

Attachments

• herbsetz2.jpg
    herbsetz2.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 267

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the poker run up river or down river. Looks like it could be a good time.

We leave Peace River west peace boat launch around noon, that's registration and the first card stop, head down river to 2 stops, the second being my grandpas log cabin about 25 miles down. Then turn around, come up through town to stop #4 where the Smoky meets the Peace, have a bull**** break and then head up the peace to stop #5 at the strong creek campground for dinner and prizes. Camping at strong creek is free all weekend and there's a cook house and playground for the kids. You could do the run in a fiberglass prop boat if you can read water, I've done it. Great day on the water, great people to meet, and the door prizes are always good, usually every hand gets a prize. Plus kids have their own prizes.

Date: August 10, 2019
Departing from: Lower West Peace Launch
Departing Time: 12 noon
Finishing at: Strong Creek Park
Total length: 60 miles
Poker hands will be 20$ each
Prizes: Top 3 hands will split 50% of the proceeds and the other 50% will be donated to the Peace River SPCA
Kids under 12 hands are free, prize for every child, Top 3 hands get first pick
Dinner tickets will be 20$ each

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you Grand Prairie jet boaters safe? Just heard there was a boat that capsized and one guy didn’t make

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much for details yet. They were in a pretty sketchy creek. RIP. Condolences to the family.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
day 5. Trolling down in Mara now. Got my steering grease zerk tapped in and full of grease again. Oring was squishin out so my be looking at it again soon. Oh well, water temp was 62f at Turtle Bay so trolling thata way and throw the kids in! Nicest day of the year for Holio...

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
G’day gents. Made er out on the wapati today. Went from wapati gardens up to the narroway. Beautiful day and the boat ran awesome. Had the kids so it was a tame ride. Fire, hotdogs and marshmallows. An a couple cold bevy’s. What a great day.

Cheers
Chadd IMG_0193.jpg IMG_0188.jpg IMG_0173.jpg

Top Bottom