2019 Alpha

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo guys cluthching at straws, looking for any excuse!!! Truth is Arctic Cat has the best performing, most innovative sled this year. Get over yourself Doo-Crew, Cat don't win every year.

Looks like nothing will change for 2020 either... Doo's answer: cut off mud flap and charge more money.

Cats got 5-10 more hp stock next year, the stock to stock gap just widened boys...

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20+ year mountain riders may not be as aggressive as the younger guy is as well.

Nope!! The 20 year vets are 40 and the 5 year rider is 44. Just making a point that the alpha outperformed all day long no matter who was on the machine. Just all out better performance and the 20 year vets can vouch for that.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what to tell ya. alpha works great no denying that. but the rider makes the most difference of all and a 5 year rider can outperform a 20+ year rider so i wouldn't call that outperforming

Not stating the rider outperformed
Stating the alpha flat out outperformed the doos all day long no matter who was on the machine. The 20 year boys have many 70-80 day riding seasons under their belts and can ride, so not a rider issue. The alpha just flat out performs

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out with an alpha on the weekend, very impressive sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo guys cluthching at straws, looking for any excuse!!! Truth is Arctic Cat has the best performing, most innovative sled this year. Get over yourself Doo-Crew, Cat don't win every year.

Looks like nothing will change for 2020 either... Doo's answer: cut off mud flap and charge more money.

Cats got 5-10 more hp stock next year, the stock to stock gap just widened boys...
10 HP? You think Cat would be marketing the hell out of that right now? Whats the hold up on pricing as well? Been waiting to see that so can see where they fit in with Doo? They waiting for something?

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 HP? You think Cat would be marketing the hell out of that right now? Whats the hold up on pricing as well? Been waiting to see that so can see where they fit in with Doo? They waiting for something?

You got it all bass-avkwards there budd. Arctic Cat is waiting for Doo at the top of the hill.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got it all bass-avkwards there budd. Arctic Cat is waiting for Doo at the top of the hill.
Just wondering why they haven't listed pricing yet is all? Kinda hard to sell product if you don't have a price? So what did they change to get 10more HP? Everybody is saying no changes really to the motor. Just curious?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering why they haven't listed pricing yet is all? Kinda hard to sell product if you don't have a price? So what did they change to get 10more HP? Everybody is saying no changes really to the motor. Just curious?
New pistons, cylinders, fuel rail, combustion chamber, fuel map. I'll believe 10hp when I see it with my own eyes though.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lots of engine changes, maybe some hp has been unlocked

• New cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber, flywheel, and fuel rail.
  • New fuel calibration strategy and Arctic Power Valve system with 3-stage control of the auxiliary exhaust ports via side valves

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New pistons, cylinders, fuel rail, combustion chamber, fuel map. I'll believe 10hp when I see it with my own eyes though.
You seem better equipped to be president of the fan club than Obama is. Lol. Thanks!:beer:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why you Doolaidetts can’t believe or understand that the 2020 Ctech is 165ish!!! PEFI & Silber have 8+|- hp flash for 18/19 with stock exhaust components on the 153ish hp Ctech. The combination of the track, motor & rail make for a very impressive sleds. I think it’s great they have unleashed some ponies in an 800 that performs with competitors 850 or out performs in some cases.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why you Doolaidetts can’t believe or understand that the 2020 Ctech is 165ish!!! PEFI & Silber have 8+|- hp flash for 18/19 with stock exhaust components on the 153ish hp Ctech. The combination of the track, motor & rail make for a very impressive sleds. I think it’s great they have unleashed some ponies in an 800 that performs with competitors 850 or out performs in some cases.

Not sure it stays warranty covered if flash not done in Cat Shop.????
If it did I would have mine in tomorrow.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Was there release not supposed to be mid March.
Not sure why but thought it was then....?????
Keeping my Alpha at least one more year since it's working regardless of what's out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Settle down kibby. The 800 is an impressive motor. I have seen it work. Its as strong as an 850 I'm sure and the monorail appears to be a homerun so Bravo! But instead of name calling maybe look who's butt hurt? Not me.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keeping my Alpha at least one more year since it's working regardless of what's out.
Release was on Friday, but no pricing until March 5. Nothing major. All three M series are Alpha 800s, revamped motor ("165hp class"), possible quick adjust ski width, e-start optional, terrible color choices.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they not released already chuk? I don't think they had a dealer meeting. Wasn't it a web release or webinar for the dealers? Maybe I am getting poor information.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Settle down kibby. The 800 is an impressive motor. I have seen it work. Its as strong as an 850 I'm sure and the monorail appears to be a homerun so Bravo! But instead of name calling maybe look who's butt hurt? Not me.

Bahaaa not but hurt at all... I buy what I want to try!! I’m Yamaha loyal but I still buy every other brand when something intrigues me as they all are pretty nice these days... that being said that is why I bought the Alpha over a Poo or Doo 850 and I’m kinda crusty on supporting the whole Quebec thing but that’s my personal choice.

Top Bottom