2019 Alpha

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tips.... It's been a while, thanks for that.

Regardless, thing cools proper now, got finished today smoking a bunch if 174" Doo's, all day.... Alpha keeps like 10 mph more track speed at least. Things a Weapon! Can start at base of steep hill with no run and still be carrying more speed than Doo at the top.

Over 500kms on the sled, motor fully bedded in, man this thing pulls!!! Can dig itself out of any hole, it's friggin nuts.

Comparing a alpha 165 to a 800 174 isnt a fair comparison.

Wanna meet at allen creek for a rip?

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Regardless, thing cools proper now, got finished today smoking a bunch if 174" Doo's, all day.... Alpha keeps like 10 mph more track speed at least. Things a Weapon! Can start at base of steep hill with no run and still be carrying more speed than Doo at the top.

Over 500kms on the sled, motor fully bedded in, man this thing pulls!!! Can dig itself out of any hole, it's friggin nuts.

Sounds like you got 0ne of them super sleds!!!
probably trucks ,cars. and everything else too I bet

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow flaps on the cats make a very minimal difference. Case and point me and my buddy both have 16 M8000 162 x 3, we run the exact same temp up the trail every day we ride. I still have my snow flap on and he does not, both run scratchers. IMO cooling is greatly affected by your throttle control as much as the trail conditions, on the suzuki if you keep your rpm just below 7000 and blurp the throttle instead of holding constant it'll run between 120-150 the entire trail. I will still peel off to the side every couple kms or so just to keep the sliders lubed

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Comparing a alpha 165 to a 800 174 isnt a fair comparison.

Wanna meet at allen creek for a rip?

How is that not a fair comparison??? They both have a 800 motor, both third party dynod at right around the same HP... But the Doo has a longer, wider track ... It should be working it over.

And what is a Allen Creek? Is that slang for ditch banging with your buddy Al in Alberta? .... "Al 'in that Creek again' "

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m not sure what you have all done but I have very simple things done such as Y pipe, Can & recent clutching that made great gains. I’ve been riding with 174 doos with Y pipe, can, clutched and geared and my results are not the same as yours. The 174 doo with a few things done are frigging tractors in deep. Be interesting to hear what makes yours a weapon?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what you have all done but I have very simple things done such as Y pipe, Can & recent clutching that made great gains. I’ve been riding with 174 doos with Y pipe, can, clutched and geared and my results are not the same as yours. The 174 doo with a few things done are frigging tractors in deep. Be interesting to hear what makes yours a weapon?

Key board .

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hahaha, fkn hilarious, never a dull moment when old Baraaaap is around. Only thing that will make an alpha hang with a 174 t3 on any hill is a turbo, thanks for sharing your delusional fantasy with the rest of the group though. Is the Alpha awesome in the trees and for holding technical lines, hell yeah, maybe the best, but an absolute weapon of a hill climber as you say, nope, sure isn’t. Drugs are bad bud.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be able to confirm in a couple weeks. Catman10 just rebuilt his T3 174 with baker clutching and Ralph’s porting , 8 tooth drivers, and 9115 3” track. . I think they will be really close as my Alpha is really close to Benny’s and mine wasn’t quite dialed yet.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, fkn hilarious, never a dull moment when old Baraaaap is around. Only thing that will make an alpha hang with a 174 t3 on any hill is a turbo, thanks for sharing your delusional fantasy with the rest of the group though. Is the Alpha awesome in the trees and for holding technical lines, hell yeah, maybe the best, but an absolute weapon of a hill climber as you say, nope, sure isn’t. Drugs are bad bud.

I was riding with a 174 T3 on Saturday in good snow and my Alpha out climbed it. That's with me on both sleds. The Doo was closer than I expected to be honest. I compared with a 850 Doo in really deep snow earlier this season and I was all over that thing.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I’m saying is they don’t destroy a well tuned T3 but yes my results are favourable. I’ve gone against Catman10 doo and we were very close each time. Since then I’ve improved Clutching as I’m now spinning 45-46 constantly have seen 47 but 46 is where I’m at. A good gauge is I ride with Baker a lot and my Alpha nips his heels on his lightweight ported doo... I believe that’s a testament to the Ctech.

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You Bertans keep bringing up mod this, mod that... I'm talking a stock Alpha kicking Doo... Both had silencers, the Doo had Raptor Ace skid.
Otherwise stock motors...

Only real true comparison is bone stock to bone stock.... Alpha can be modded to hell too, but clutching and that track just works stock... The thing just hooks up and chews.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

the 800 174 doo is a slow sled. Tractor if you will. judging by the snow conditions across BC right now its certainly no surprise you out pulled it at the top of the hill. Try again in 3ft of fresh.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was riding with a 174 T3 on Saturday in good snow and my Alpha out climbed it. That's with me on both sleds. The Doo was closer than I expected to be honest. I compared with a 850 Doo in really deep snow earlier this season and I was all over that thing.

Witnessed the G4 spanking, wasn't even close. The alpha does well, no doubt about it. Wish I had to make it on Saturday, got out to scratch he itch at home instead and will spend another week licking wounds an repairing a sled. one day I will learn, but it most likely will not be today.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 800 174 doo is a slow sled. Tractor if you will. judging by the snow conditions across BC right now its certainly no surprise you out pulled it at the top of the hill. Try again in 3ft of fresh.

Yup and when it really sets up in the spring the 154 and 146 with the higher track speeds are really impressive.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So Maxwell, we were in a zone a week and half ago that sees very little traffic ( we were the only ones there sat/sun of family day weekend) roughly 16-18 fresh with a 2018 850, 16 doo with 174, and an alpha bone stock. The alpha out climbed and performed both doos all day long. The riders on the doos are 20 +year mountain riders and the rider on the alpha has maybe 5 years mountain experience. Both doo riders rode the alpha and were blown away! Lets just say there will be a lot less DOOLAID chugging going on next year with the guys I ride with.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Maxwell, we were in a zone a week and half ago that sees very little traffic ( we were the only ones there sat/sun of family day weekend) roughly 16-18 fresh with a 2018 850, 16 doo with 174, and an alpha bone stock. The alpha out climbed and performed both doos all day long. The riders on the doos are 20 +year mountain riders and the rider on the alpha has maybe 5 years mountain experience. Both doo riders rode the alpha and were blown away! Lets just say there will be a lot less DOOLAID chugging going on next year with the guys I ride with.

Cat , leading sled innovation again , good on em. Probably good though , when Doo goes mono rail , they’ll probably have to finally change that antiquated skid . Maybe even bring their steering into the 2000’s. I predict Maxwell will be one of the last to accept it.

Baraaaaaap Obama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Same results Baraaaaap is seeing, been in 3' deep fresh powder as well, same results.

So just because it's best in trees, means it can't dominate hills too there Doo-Crew??? Only holds 40 lbs less snow, better powder delivery, better track design, no resistance in driveline.

Alpha is a Weapon!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not sure what to tell ya. alpha works great no denying that. but the rider makes the most difference of all and a 5 year rider can outperform a 20+ year rider so i wouldn't call that outperforming

Top Bottom