2019 Alpha

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok .. maybe I jumped the gun not knowing all the facts of reflash. Today it ran strong and RPM was back to 8150 amd track speed back to 76-77 km/h with my Clutching. So maybe there is like another break in period but I don’t know. And no it’s not snow conditions why my rpm & track speed is back as we rode 2.5 -3 feet of fresh all day!!! However the idle at stop hunts around 2400 - 2550 but sometimes you can blip throttle amd drops to 1850.

Dunno ... but was an excellent day! Tomorrow is Sidewinder day missing HP!!!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok .. maybe I jumped the gun not knowing all the facts of reflash. Today it ran strong and RPM was back to 8150 amd track speed back to 76-77 km/h with my Clutching. So maybe there is like another break in period but I don’t know. And no it’s not snow conditions why my rpm & track speed is back as we rode 2.5 -3 feet of fresh all day!!! However the idle at stop hunts around 2400 - 2550 but sometimes you can blip throttle amd drops to 1850.

Dunno ... but was an excellent day! Tomorrow is Sidewinder day missing HP!!!
Mine ran crappy after the reflash but then near the end of the day it ran crisp. Maybe you are correct about the break in mode since the reflash would need to be done on new unsold units.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine ran crappy after the reflash but then near the end of the day it ran crisp. Maybe you are correct about the break in mode since the reflash would need to be done on new unsold units.

I assume AC will have another Re-Flash as many are experiencing same results.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check and ensure your throttle cable is within spec should measure
.762 - 1.524mm of freeplay if It has anymore then 1.5mm of freeplay before the cable moves then it’s going to give you issues. The new programming will be very sensitive to this setting. If it’s too tight it will have increased idling as well. Very high chance that it could have gave you a stage II break-in when you did the flash

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check and ensure your throttle cable is within spec should measure
.762 - 1.524mm of freeplay if It has anymore then 1.5mm of freeplay before the cable moves then it’s going to give you issues. The new programming will be very sensitive to this setting. If it’s too tight it will have increased idling as well. Very high chance that it could have gave you a stage II break-in when you did the flash

Thanks for that Erik... but it’s the Re-Flash that created these issues. Will see in time what AC says but I recommend to others if your 2018/19 AC800 runs awesome don’t do the reflash. Keep in mind it came around after about 80km+ on reflash as pulling 76-77 km track speed with my body weight @ 232lbs plus gear it’s working well.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Debating if I should take mine in for the re-flash, runs great already

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 you’re confused with after market flash and the AC Recall Reflash!! We are discussing REFLASH!!!!
The PEFI flash is not mapped for Y-Pipe, Reeds & they say can only stock components!!!

TMO162 ... I would hold off until they correct the issues however problem is it’s a warranty thing and if any knows during shut down you get flame and burn back that can or does lead into catastrophic failure.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Catman10 you’re confused with after market flash and the AC Recall Reflash!! We are discussing REFLASH!!!!
The PEFI flash is not mapped for Y-Pipe, Reeds & they say can only stock components!!!

TMO162 ... I would hold off until they correct the issues however problem is it’s a warranty thing and if any knows during shut down you get flame and burn back that can or does lead into catastrophic failure.

I have never had that issue yet, been talking with my dealer and he’s checking details out for me as well

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had that issue yet, been talking with my dealer and he’s checking details out for me as well

I just spoke with my dealer and they will not flash back to previous map as it's issued as "Safety Bulletin".... is what it is I guess.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no secrets, everyone knows who did my clutching. Why don’t you share how much testing YOU did to get YOUR clutching. This is the part where I am smarter. I KNOW exactly where YOUR clutching came from.

LOL ... yes I posted it!... I purchased from Rec Supply.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your'e so smart where did it come from...? head games... lol
I know exactly where it came from. It came from one of my best friends in the sledding world, not sure why you just can’t tell everyone who helped you?

Top Bottom