2019 Alpha

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I've seen a few bent up like that.

Think Textron outsourced some Chinese tunnels. :funnytv::funnytv:

I think there is a lot more to the true story then what being conveyed.
I've plenty of bent tunnel's from all brands and a long with that there's a story.
We use the same CNC program for the tunnels on Cat's since 2013 i believe, they are basically unchanged other then minor chet.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've plenty of bent tunnel's from all brands and a long with that there's a story.
We use the same CNC program for the tunnels on Cat's since 2013 i believe, they are basically unchanged other then minor chet.

They definitely look they same. But yeah the China thing haha

Thinner metal, mabe trying to save a pound or 2. Who knows.

Either way it is funny :beer:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They dropped a guage somewhere along the way.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I seen from social media there is three sides of the story. Did the guy do tailstander and blame it on the bent tunnel from lifting it????

Ive seen a snobungie crumple a cat tunnel like a accordion right to seat.

There are pro and cons to every model, At least I enjoyed riding the alpha, I felt very comfortable on it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I seen from social media there is three sides of the story. Did the guy do tailstander and blame it on the bent tunnel from lifting it????

There are pro and cons to every model, At least I enjoyed riding the alpha, I felt very comfortable on it.

Did you buy an alpha?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It's a double edged sword.

One it's a pain in the ass, and your out $350. Back riding tomorrow.

Two it protects your main chassis.
More money, longer to fix.
Write off?

killerrf

Reaction score
Pretty sure since 2017 tunnel and bulkhead are slightly thinner gauge than pre 17. Maybe that was just a on the 17 mountain cat. But everything for 18 received what 17 MC had.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They definitely look they same. But yeah the China thing haha

Thinner metal, mabe trying to save a pound or 2. Who knows.

Either way it is funny :beer:

Possibly but then what isn’t made in either Mexico or China now days.
My recommendation to anyone having this issue is to contact Chad at CR and get a CR tunnel or tunnel cap.
They are CNC cut out of T6061, they much stronger, thicker then the oem. You can also add the brace kit if your an abusive rider.
Don’t waste your time with an oem cap or tunnel.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly but then what isn’t made in either Mexico or China now days.
My recommendation to anyone having this issue is to contact Chad at CR and get a CR tunnel or tunnel cap.
They are CNC cut out of T6061, they much stronger, thicker then the oem. You can also add the brace kit if your an abusive rider.
Don’t waste your time with an oem cap or tunnel.
Used to stiffen tunnels with a 2"X2"X 3/32 aluminum angle pop riveted into top of tunnel on each side when long tracking sleds back in the day.
But I am not an abusive driver so don't need the extra super cheap reinforcing. $30 fix for the abusers, no $CR stuff needed.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say since you were not there and I was, that tunnel was bent from lifting. and my story is not made up and not BS.
That tunnel did not bend from lifting, that's complete BS and nonsense. Its more like operator stupidity.
The Alpha tunnel is the same tunnel Cat has been using for the last 5 years.
I love the made up stories that come up on these sites in an attempt to stir up crap...LOL

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Anytime I’ve been buried it was hard enough to get 1guy in the trench to lift. 2 is tight and you don’t get a full on lift. Now three in a trench on 1 bumper? Where would all the hands and shoulders fit? Where they lifting from their knees? This damage was from a wheelie.
I hereby declare this story bs. Warranty DEEnied! Haha

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the damage is from the alpha being a piece of crap.imo He came off a ski-doo and never had issues like this. if the doo dealer where he lives wasn't so crappy he would of bought a doo. Today we noticed pieces of plastic on the track clips.with the heater switch falling off and the pull cord already starting to fray the guy is not very happy.
Anytime I’ve been buried it was hard enough to get 1guy in the trench to lift. 2 is tight and you don’t get a full on lift. Now three in a trench on 1 bumper? Where would all the hands and shoulders fit? Where they lifting from their knees? This damage was from a wheelie.
I hereby declare this story bs. Warranty DEEnied! Haha

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the damage is from the alpha being a piece of crap.imo He came off a ski-doo and never had issues like this. if the doo dealer where he lives wasn't so crappy he would of bought a doo. Today we noticed pieces of plastic on the track clips.with the heater switch falling off and the pull cord already starting to fray the guy is not very happy.
Do you have pictures of the pull cord damage?

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.... it’s official my Alpha is getting its first Heli ride!! Fuel pump is what we diagnosed ... but ya know what’s weird there is no relay on these pumps?? Maybe I’m wrong!! Unfortunately where it happened no pulling it out!! Yup in Revy & area for 5 days riding good thing the Sidewinder is rocking guess I’ll ride that ole girl!!!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say since you were not there and I was, that tunnel was bent from lifting. and my story is not made up and not BS.

I think there is A LOT more to your story then your letting. Abuse is abuse no matter the make. Plus it makes me wonder why anyone would dead lift a sled out of a hole via rear bumper with such force...LOL......
Probably didn't even clear any snow from the track that was most likely anchored to china, add three brute's pulling on it, now blame the manufacture for junk, you just as well tie a rope to the bumper and toss it off a cliff and see what happen's.

So now tell us the real story on how you guy's F'ed up and bent....

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well.... it’s official my Alpha is getting its first Heli ride!! Fuel pump is what we diagnosed ... but ya know what’s weird there is no relay on these pumps?? Maybe I’m wrong!! Unfortunately where it happened no pulling it out!! Yup in Revy & area for 5 days riding good thing the Sidewinder is rocking guess I’ll ride that ole girl!!!

Cat's EFI system are a batteryless system, so no relay. The pump requires a signal from the mag to activate when the engine is turned over. 99.9% of the time when this happen's it the kill switch.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That sucks for your bud. Im having a different winter. Been on a dozen doos since 2012. Love/hated them. My 16 freeride was my best sled ever. NOw on the alpha. It’s changed my winter. I just ride. No complaints. no belt issues like the last few years. Sips oil. Loving mine.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is A LOT more to your story then your letting. Abuse is abuse no matter the make. Plus it makes me wonder why anyone would dead lift a sled out of a hole via rear bumper with such force...LOL......
Probably didn't even clear any snow from the track that was most likely anchored to china, add three brute's pulling on it, now blame the manufacture for junk, you just as well tie a rope to the bumper and toss it off a cliff and see what happen's.

So now tell us the real story on how you guy's F'ed up and bent....

It’s a cat so the guy is clearly a liar. Got it.

Top Bottom