2018 Skidoo Predictions?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starting to get a nice list already of guys wanting to buy. I'm betting on a 174-175 next year available. Hopefully all concerns are addressed for next year and year 2 is a good year. Need economy to come around so all manufacturers have a good year next year.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we will see a new skid next year. There's nothing wrong with the current, works pretty well, and I'm actually quite happy with current calibration. But I do think they have something ready to go and was planned for the year 2-3 release to keep people interested.

Almost a guarantee there will be a longer track than the 165.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode with a guy from Seattle last week at Revy that was also riding a G4. We got talking about next year and he said he has a friend in the know that has been very reliable on tidbits and says BRP will have stock boost on a Summit model next year? I am hesitant to believe him as I have friends that are in the know as well and not a peep has been said from them but it was an interesting comment to say the least.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New colors, 174 and freeride 850, that's it. No other changes.

This is a game charger!!! What's there to change???

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
We rode with a guy from Seattle last week at Revy that was also riding a G4. We got talking about next year and he said he has a friend in the know that has been very reliable on tidbits and says BRP will have stock boost on a Summit model next year? I am hesitant to believe him as I have friends that are in the know as well and not a peep has been said from them but it was an interesting comment to say the least.

Those who know won't say and those who say don't know!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Maybe he hasn't told you anything because he knows you will come on here and tell everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he hasn't told you anything because he knows you will come on here and tell everyone!

I kept my end of the bargain for the required 7 years. I can keep a secret. I'm pretty sure there is no substance to the rumor. Just a sledder beeking off out in the backcountry is all. We'll find out soon enough.

Andystoy

Reaction score
I think the 2018 will be called a Superdoo AP, it will come with choice of engines, tracks etc. and will allow you to pull up riding areas from all over the US and Canada. Full instrumentation like a flight simulator including accelerometers on the spindles, bulk head, drivers seat etc. so that Skidoo could use all the info gathered to design the 2019 version of the Superdoo. This package would sell for about $500 and could be used with your phone or virtual reality display so that you could enjoy it from the comfort of your couch and would be available as an upgrade each year? This new Superdoo will allow you to test drive and evaluate all the packages and potential problems before you snowchek them? No I haven't been drinking or smoking or using drugs.:couch2:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I heard this rumor as well. So they are gonna give out warranty on a boosted 2 stroke?? Most guys won't even ride it before there is kits out to increase the boost. How many 1100 ProClimbs never ended up running a kit like the Speedwerx kit that maxed out the boost capability of the stock turbo?? Hmmmmm.....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
193" TWIN TURBO SUPERCHARGED BIG BORE NITROUS. It will be called the Ski Doo Gen 5 X-RS-TYPE R-GT-SRT-MACH1-SVT-PRO-HILLCLIMB EDITION.

You taking snow checks for theses soon?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this forum has been predicting factory boost every single year since the release of the 670x summit. it will happen, not this year....maybe not next year either but you can guarantee skidoo will be the ones to doo it.

Top Bottom