2018 Skidoo Predictions?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New year, new rumors.

1. Updated clutching.

2. Re-designed chinesium bulkhead. Or sway bar removed.

4. Carbon fiber coolent bottle.

5. Space age coil over rear suspension.

7. X package will come with Elka stage 5s.

8. Factory Turbo.

9. Snow check exclusive Maxwell bobble head.

And go........

tapatalk_1483331406954.jpeg

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think bold new graphics and a focus on elimination of reliability and durability. The only time your rewarded with a maxwell bottlehead is when you do major damage and did not take out tree and rock insurance. A turbo version will come out in 2019 if they take care of what I identify in the first sentence.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Major pieces are there.

Clutching issues IMO are calibration based. Factory or aftermarket there will be a fix

In terms of durability, few small changes there again IMO. Adding 3-5lbs in the casting in the bulkhead would go a long way if put in the right places.

Would not be surprised to see a new rear skid next year. Something that is a blend of a t-motion and a lighyweight PPS skid. The PPS works really well... just heavy.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Major pieces are there.

Clutching issues IMO are calibration based. Factory or aftermarket there will be a fix

In terms of durability, few small changes there again IMO. Adding 3-5lbs in the casting in the bulkhead would go a long way if put in the right places.

Would not be surprised to see a new rear skid next year. Something that is a blend of a t-motion and a lighyweight PPS skid. The PPS works really well... just heavy.
Sorry to many acronym s in my life, what does PPS stand for?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a rumor, BRP is merging with Polaris after the Gen 4 flop and a Gen 5 is in the works. A redemption model type hybrid or mongrel. The Gen 5, PooDoo or DooPoo, stay tuned more to come at your nearest dealer.
That almost happened 12 years ago...lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calibrated clutches
New engine calibration
15% less oil consumption
Gain of 10lbs to beef up bulkhead but no change in dry weight rating in the brochure
Easier to read display (colour?)
Same crap skid and shocks
Possibly a 35lb heavier Freeride model

Ray509

Reaction score
Ill be spring checking a 3in freeride if there is one, can't say I find it worthwhile changing my 16t3 for a gen 4 and doing the whole shock chassis upgrade if they dont have a freeride. they need to figure out the bulkheads and clutching. gen 4s do ride amazing tho.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be spring checking a 3in freeride if there is one, can't say I find it worthwhile changing my 16t3 for a gen 4 and doing the whole shock chassis upgrade if they dont have a freeride. they need to figure out the bulkheads and clutching. gen 4s do ride amazing tho.
Be sweet if they made a 163" 3" Freeride.

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
There is a rumor, BRP is merging with Polaris after the Gen 4 flop and a Gen 5 is in the works. A redemption model type hybrid or mongrel. The Gen 5, PooDoo or DooPoo, stay tuned more to come at your nearest dealer.
That would be a bad ass sled, Axys with the Doo 850 motor

Top Bottom