2018 Skidoo Predictions?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they make any mention at the dealer meetings of why they went away with differentiating the Freeride/XRS and Summit/MX? They are more similar than they've ever been. I'd have to guess it's because they don't have or want to release their new RS chassis yet for advantages in racing, maybe we will see a thicker front end like previous models without it being noted at this time. Curious if they had any explanation to this.

Thanks for all the great info you provide on this site. Much appreciated!
Not sure but I will try and find out. I am getting fed info from our guys at the show so relying on them right now.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave is dammed if he does..dammed if he doesn't...

Not true at all...
Dave and some others are big cheerleaders with new stuff and how great the product is, but when a few things went south and guys wanted answers, Dave went silent.....and the cheerleaders said 'issues, what issues"???.....sad actually....

That's where those guys went wrong.....

However, when the chips were down, guys like snopro stepped up, answered questions to his best ability and most importantly acknowledged that there may be some issues....that takes balls and shows his maturity on handling a delicate situation. That, today is why his opinion on here are valued and respected while the other "cheerleader's" are viewed as just that...a cheerleader.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not true at all...
Dave and some others are big cheerleaders with new stuff and how great the product is, but when a few things went south and guys wanted answers, Dave went silent.....and the cheerleaders said 'issues, what issues"???.....sad actually....

However, when the chips were down, guys like snopro stepped up, answered questions to his best ability and most importantly acknowledged that there may be some issues....that takes balls and shows his maturity on handling a delicate situation. That, today is why his opinion on here are valued and respected while the other "cheerleader's" are viewed as just that...a cheerleader.

sorry but dave right away put out a video to try and help guys having problems with belts and how to remove heat and properly adjust the belt and clean the faces. You can use the word chearleader all you want but i would hardly say that dave went silent. Dave and even myself spend alot of time with alot of skidoo snowmobiles and people involved in the development. if he is not seeing the issues that are showing up on the internet with his team what is he going to do? Believe it or not dave would not come on here and say this snowmobile is not having issues if in fact he sees with his own eyes that it is in fact having issues. Myself as a "cheerleader" i have openly admitted on here to the issues i have seen. i have 2 friends that blow belts on the regular. and actually ive been there when he blew 2 in one day. Me and my good friend curtis have logged just as many miles as those other two with zero blown belts and the same riding conditions. Those same 2 friends also send it 100+ feet on the regular and then bomb down an absolutely mangled trail at the end of each day with NO bulkhead issues. Bottom line is, just because you read it on snowandmud doesn't mean that Dave or any of the skidoo cheerleaders like myself are seeing it aswell and just denying it. Not the case at all. Sno Pro has alot of connections in the industry, sees alot of snowmobiles, talks to alot of riders and his opinion is valued. But remember it is possible to ride with hundreds of different 850s and not see a blown belt or broken bulkead. So please dont throw people under the bus when they say they havent seen it. they arent saying its not happening

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave is an ambassador, not customer service. I think he does a great job and is super friendly, loves to talk sleds, and has a really good happy energy about the way he seems to do stuff. No need to go bashing on him because he's the only guy who does garage vids

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but dave right away put out a video to try and help guys having problems with belts and how to remove heat and properly adjust the belt and clean the faces. You can use the word chearleader all you want but i would hardly say that dave went silent. Dave and even myself spend alot of time with alot of skidoo snowmobiles and people involved in the development. if he is not seeing the issues that are showing up on the internet with his team what is he going to do? Believe it or not dave would not come on here and say this snowmobile is not having issues if in fact he sees with his own eyes that it is in fact having issues. Myself as a "cheerleader" i have openly admitted on here to the issues i have seen. i have 2 friends that blow belts on the regular. and actually ive been there when he blew 2 in one day. Me and my good friend curtis have logged just as many miles as those other two with zero blown belts and the same riding conditions. Those same 2 friends also send it 100+ feet on the regular and then bomb down an absolutely mangled trail at the end of each day with NO bulkhead issues. Bottom line is, just because you read it on snowandmud doesn't mean that Dave or any of the skidoo cheerleaders like myself are seeing it aswell and just denying it. Not the case at all. Sno Pro has alot of connections in the industry, sees alot of snowmobiles, talks to alot of riders and his opinion is valued. But remember it is possible to ride with hundreds of different 850s and not see a blown belt or broken bulkead. So please dont throw people under the bus when they say they havent seen it. they arent saying its not happening

As far as what Dave and others said to do with removing the foam, Swiss cheese the cover, those were just cheap dollar store bandaids that never addressed the real issue.

And not once was there admission to an issue. It was always "just a couple people on social media having issues because they didn't clean clutches, or adjust belts, etc".

Typical blind cheerleaders.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the last month I hammered on brp on there crappy pdrive excessive heat, there crappy 200 dollar belt that blew in less than 4 hrs and a few bulkheads that I seen cracked..and some on here upset about my harsh review.. Lol, but now on 18 they are being rectified..:D:D:D Final laugh on them..

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what gets me about BRP. Been through this on past sleds. Deny deny deny there is an issue, and then have the nerve to market the next years' sled by saying they fixed all the issues. Garbage. They make cool stuff....I will just never ever buy a first year model of anything from them again.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The injectors inject fuel, into the injectors:confused:

I knew someone would bring that up, sometimes or actually many times i get my words screwed up. Sorry about that, never said I was perfect. Your welcome for the stuff I try and do, maybe I can come take lessons from you on how to never make a mistake, Dick! or is it Richard? :)

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i knew someone would bring that up, sometimes or actually many times i get my words screwed up. Sorry about that, never said i was perfect. Your welcome for the stuff i try and do, maybe i can come take lessons from you on how to never make a mistake, dick! Or is it richard? :)

hehehe, i had a good chuckle when i heard that too..... Hehehe

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Not true at all...

Thanks for being the first guy in the history of mankind to call me a silent guy. Like I said before I have tried to help guys as best as possible, for issues your dealer is the best person to help you, not the arm chair guys on the internet, and yes when i post facts and they get turned around anyway what is the point, plus while your at work wasting someone else time and money being an internet expert, i am out riding and having fun and I choose to spend my time with the 20% of people who are positive and love life, not the 80% who are so down they need to be little others with no facts just to serve their opinion. How is that working out for you by the way. I have address all the issues and never once said there was not an issue. If you think that then you have been reading wrong, very few problems compared to number of sleds, and one problem is one to many, however it is hard to sort through all the bs especially when guys on here to a belt or bulk head survey and get 20 people and call it accurate, now that is funny. Ski-Doo is addressing all issues and working hard to fix them, if you knew how it worked you would think they were doing a good job ,but if you want the fix yesterday, then you will be disappointed. I will enjoy how you twist this around later after I return from some fresh pow and air after breathing in the smoky gambling air if reno. Hope you get out riding! dave

Top Bottom