2018 skidoo 850 running Polaris VES oil?

bk720

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am sure I am just being paranoid, but does anyone see a issue with running Polaris VES oil in my 850? I recently switched sides but I have 2 brand new jugs of Polaris oil i would like to use up.

Let me know your thoughts

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am sure I am just being paranoid, but does anyone see a issue with running Polaris VES oil in my 850? I recently switched sides but I have 2 brand new jugs of Polaris oil i would like to use up.

Lots do it and it's fine. But, if you have a problem with the engine you will not have a fun time with warranty.

bk720

Reaction score
Thank you.

See thats annoying considering its extremely unlikely the oil would have anything to do with a engine failure.

bk720

Reaction score
yeah i could do that as well. just seams like a waste lol.

bk720

Reaction score
Makes sense Sean.
Maybe i will just run it in my chain saw, and leaf blower for the next 30 years lol...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe just mix a part tank in every once in a while
and then top up with the brp chit so it's the right color?

can't see it hurting the engine.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run VES in my 2 stroke 120 HP outboard for the last 2 summers. It has never run so good.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

surely if you put up a ad to sell the oil someone will purchase price t by the end of they day.

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran Amsoil in my '15 from new and still running like new. Picked up a used '18 175" and am going to run Amsoil in it. If it meets the manufacturers specs then you'll have no problem with warranty, Amsoil proved that in court...........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran Amsoil in my '15 from new and still running like new. Picked up a used '18 175" and am going to run Amsoil in it. If it meets the manufacturers specs then you'll have no problem with warranty, Amsoil proved that in court...........

warranty is like insurance. Why give them any reason to try and get out of it. Just my opinion

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hold on there. They proved that their oil worked as well under normal conditions. The BRP oil still worked better under the extreme un-normal conditions they tested at. And I am not a Ski-Doo guy, I just read the details in the full report.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the BRP refinery located again? Oh ya........!

none of the performance oil companies have a refinery... look at racing these days, its "DRIVEN" or "HPL" and they don't have refineries but they make the best oils

Top Bottom