2018/2019 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reports and pics! Looks like good conditions finally. Weather station hasn’t showed much today.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode salmon today socked in and lots
Of tracks.
Heading to renshaw tomorrow. Looking forward to some fresh !!

Higgins, if yur going up again maybe will see u up there !!

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top of blackwater where you enter in from km 27 where a small patch of trees is called 'gas drop'. This is the blackwater area, if you kept going North and a little to the west at the top you would then drop into Wineburgers bowl. If your at gasdrop and look to your west there is a fairly large climb, when you go up there then off to your left (Southeast) you will find yourself in the Anthills, you can also access this from the avy-chute that took out a pile of trees years back. That's right from the bottom meadows, this is dangerous though as you never know an avalanche will occur again and wipe this chute out again.

Thanks. That clears it up for me. That’s what I was thinking from my map/gps study session. Many people may have only pretended they were in anthills. Myself included.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to Belle today sun and cloud over the day! Snow wasn’t as good as Renshaw only 4-10 inches of wet settling snow! Rode the perimeter then down to the meadow for a fire where the 850 driveshaft snapped doing nothing but trying to back up!!! Weekend over!!

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw had awesome snow today. A good 10" of fresh on top of the snow from two days ago. Ran the sled out of fuel, and never ventured more than about 4km from the cabin. Broke in to a wicked little lake just east of the cabin. Could've played there all day.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw had awesome snow today. A good 10" of fresh on top of the snow from two days ago. Ran the sled out of fuel, and never ventured more than about 4km from the cabin. Broke in to a wicked little lake just east of the cabin. Could've played there all day.

Thats a fun little lake. The creek is a blast!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Renshaw is full of little gems!
One more week so hope it snows till then.
Riding at the farm will have to do this wknd.
Looks like good weather.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the map, it's actually SE of the cabin about 2km. Probably the same one you're thinking of though. Drop down through a gnarly creek, and then climb up the waterfall. Coming out at dusk was fun though. I'm thinking we could have climbed up and over on the north side of the lake and gotten out much easier, but the snow was sloughing pretty good, so we thought it best to not.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4bb7134640772e56d2127bd96b10309f.jpg

Great day up Renshaw as well. lots of snow in the face today. Lots of stucks and some logging of course. Came back In the dark. And the best part, no carnage and no dead soldiers left behind lol
e5b8b43bbab9e6a79ca89f50776c627b.jpg
d3aae456d583f73c8a79ad0d96ed54d4.jpg
805379cec6d3218cfd13ac29afacf7ac.jpg

Top Bottom