2018 165 freeride or 2018 175?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's more or less what i figured, Thanks for the input i appreciate it. Like I said around home I would most often be with wife and kids so no need to have something with amazing trail capabilities...we wouldn't be flying though the corners lol

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my backcountry x is a couple generations old now but for what it's worth, even with its upgraded 2.25 track lug it is pretty much a fantastic trail / field sled and not much else. My wife loves riding it and I like my summits for 90% of my riding....the one thing I would change is I would have upgraded shocks on the summits.....if snowchecking and paying MSRP.....I would go for a Freeride. Enjoy shopping!

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
b5a99db759967e2f610485799d26b6aa.jpg

Don't even bother with a Summit if you're over 200lbs and like to ride it, go for the freeride or look at the cat / axis, the 175 better have a much heavier tunnel or it will be a f$kin joke. I don't do drops or hit many big jumps but yet here is my broken tunnel, no idea how or when it happened, up at Grizzly lodge, had to rent for two days, not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I'm not trying to derail this thread and sorry if I do but I just have one quick question. I'm on the fence right now about whether or not to check a 154 s38 with a 2.5 track vs a BCx. I need a sled I can take out west but also good enough to run around my place, trails, ditch banging, river with the wife and kids along. I really like the freeride for the shocks and bracing but not sure. $$ is not really a factor other than I can't afford two separate sleds for myself... Does anyone have any input on this?

That's a no brainer in my opinion.. freeride all day! Going to be stronger.... and unless you are looking for top speed the freeride is going to be a way gunner ditch banger! Suspension is going to be much better... the money is pretty close... I wouldn't think twice about that one! Freeride is going to have more bottom end snap.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah not concerned about top speed at all. I was 90% sure I was going with the freeride, you guys just made the other 10% thanks for the replies :d now I'm going to go spend some $$$

Top Bottom