2018 165 freeride or 2018 175?

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That, my friend, is not a coherent sentence.
ahem....ask a dealer if you are able to try both and if successful repeat and so on and so on until the season is over or until Brp catches on to your scam.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who in their right mind would order a new doo with the problems the 2017s had?

127 pages and well over 1000 posts of people getting their asses handed to them in 2017 from BRP.. and some ****ty hopes for a fix in 2018.. that norona dude got away with his BS for the entire year and people still listen to him.. come on.. switch brands and go back if you want in 2019 when they figure some **** out. Don't be dumb..

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
127 pages and well over 1000 posts of people getting their asses handed to them in 2017 from BRP.. and some ****ty hopes for a fix in 2018.. that norona dude got away with his BS for the entire year and people still listen to him.. come on.. switch brands and go back if you want in 2019 when they figure some **** out. Don't be dumb..
Like when he said guys here have big egos and are to weak and out of shape to turn a 175 around? Also told people to butcher their new sleds to fix a belt issue that he also said does not exist. Not to credible in my mind. This place is entertaining for sure.
If I was having problems with my sled I would go to my dealer for help.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like when he said guys here have big egos and are to weak and out of shape to turn a 175 around? Also told people to butcher their new sleds to fix a belt issue that he also said does not exist. Not to credible in my mind. This place is entertaining for sure.
If I was having problems with my sled I would go to my dealer for help.
No one goes to there dealer anymore Bert? That is so 1980's? Now if your one of the cool kids you go directly to social media and flail to your hearts content. Get your head out of the sand man! Lmao!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
A guy makes a post about weather or not he should get a freeride or a summit... Asking about the differences... In the SKI DOO section...
And the thread instantly fills with fat ass lazy internet trolls talking about how crappy they are because they read it on the internet. If you want to switch brands SWITCH. Keep riding whatever you have. If you want to sit around smelling farts all day eating popcorn with a stupid grin on your face after you post go in a ski-doo PROBLEM thread or something.. The guys asking for an opinion on WHICH of the two... Not weather or not you think he should buy BRP stocks. It really brings a smile to my face working at a dealership and seeing how many 850's are in fact... NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS...... To come on here and read all of these designers and engineers throw opinions around because they read a thread somewhere.. Because they are looking for an excuse to make them feel better about their own sled. Buy what makes you happy... But give others the chance to do so as well. There is enough good and bad information around about the G4 for people to form their own opinion.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Also... Thats a tough choice. The 174 800 was a little TAME for me... Im more of a ski's in the air guy... It wasn't the greatest for that! That thing was all business. The 850 will give it that extra oomph to keep the tips up all day! That being said... The freeride setup is UNREAL and I have been waiting for a long time for it to come in a 3".. and it being 36" is a huge bonus! Try and get some time on one smashing up or down a really whooped out trail and it will probably make your mind up for you pretty quick. Not that thats a reason to buy a sled but it really brings to light how awesome that suspension is. And at $1400 extra or whatever it is... To get all four shocks... The bracing.. the thicker tunnel.... Rail stiffeners.....quick release sway bar etc.etc.etc... Its taking some spot light off the summit for sure!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So this will be easy no different off trail than a summit and better rough trail ride but you also get a tougher sled right?
That explanation makes a 165 freeride sound very attractive.

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So this will be easy no different off trail than a summit and better rough trail ride but you also get a tougher sled right?
That explanation makes a 165 freeride sound very attractive.

Exactly..That cleaned up what I said very well lol. The footboards are even going to be a little stiffer and bigger.. Will help transfer weight. All I have been snowchecking is freeride's. I have noticed though every year I tend to sell more of what I LIKE lol. Its such a great package finally and people can stop buying freerides because color.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yet we are snowchecking a chit load of 175's with Shot. I guess I sell what I like lol.:p

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you guys been snow checking many 154 s38s? Or do you think that was an odd thing for them to offer?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you guys been snow checking many 154 s38s? Or do you think that was an odd thing for them to offer?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Not one Jay. All our Freerides are 165's so far.

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to derail this thread and sorry if I do but I just have one quick question. I'm on the fence right now about whether or not to check a 154 s38 with a 2.5 track vs a BCx. I need a sled I can take out west but also good enough to run around my place, trails, ditch banging, river with the wife and kids along. I really like the freeride for the shocks and bracing but not sure. $$ is not really a factor other than I can't afford two separate sleds for myself... Does anyone have any input on this?

JayT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way I would love a 165 3" but I think that is too much track for my needs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd lean to the Freeride myself? Don't see to many Renegades in the steep and deep. You wouldn't be happy with a 3' track for when you are home Jay. You'd have to keep sliders in stock for the whole winter.

Top Bottom