2017 Can=am

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of course. People love their Rzr's. They won't hear about anything better lol. No matter how much they have in repairs.

It would seem it's no different for BRP owners. They'll even make claims about a superior competitor with no info to back it up. BTW, in case you are a slow reader, all repairs needed on my RZR were self inflicted. Oh, and for the record, I've not read about anything better. It's like a unicorn. I here about them, but never meet anything better on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the new canam will set the bar for a while ....popo is in full damage control mode !
As of right now , they have no flagship model .. That they can legally sell.

What does that say ....?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the new canam will set the bar for a while ....popo is in full damage control mode !

What does that say ....?

Lol, it says you and a couple others switched brands , so now you're trying to convince yourselves and everyone who will listen that you made the right choice. Is that what you meant ?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What does that say ....?

I am pretty excited to see this new can am! But I wouldn't say popo doesn't have a flag ship model. They still got the highlifter. But they don't got a turbo model but neither does anyone other then can am

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me , I'm not scared to switch brands .... Quality of brands does change over the years ....lmfao
and I may not be done yet .....lol

I buy what I think works best for my riding style at the time , as machines evolve some lines get better /some worse ... Some disappear .
Its simply evolution and change , it's what makes machines better....
The Highlifter is not a flagship ... In terms of performance lol

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. The suspension on a rzr has already been out done.

After looking at the pics in this thread, it would seem BRP totally ripped off the rear suspension design of the RZR 1000. Wait, my mistake. BRP had that design on paper for years and Polaris ripped it off before BRP could bring it to market. Ya, that's it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me , I'm not scared to switch brands .... Quality of brands does change over the years ....lmfao
and I may not be done yet .....lol

I buy what I think works best for my riding style at the time , as machines evolve some lines get better /some worse ... Some disappear .
Its simply evolution and change , it's what makes machines better....
The Highlifter is not a flagship ... In terms of performance lol

No not a flag ship for performance but I genus it would be the flag ship for propose built machine. And I totally agree with quality changing over the years!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After looking at the pics in this thread, it would seem BRP totally ripped off the rear suspension design of the RZR 1000. Wait, my mistake. BRP had that design on paper for years and Polaris ripped it off before BRP could bring it to market. Ya, that's it.

News flash, neither Polaris or Can Am came up with that suspension design. Its been used on desert buggy's for a long time before production SxS's came along.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched brands yes.

2 different Polaris rzr machines a 800 then a 900xp.

I ride lots 800 rzr had 3800 km in 4 years. 900 XP had 5500 km in 2 1/2 years.

I can tell you what breaks and costs money.

I looked at the hi lifter and Xmr sxs. My wife and myself liked the Can am better. She liked the seats and interior design.

It's 3 months old with 1250 km.

Get out and ride before deciding what's better.

Riding 500 km in a year does not tell you how a machine is.

I will be buying again who know what brand. Chit I might change next week who know.

If I rode a sled I would ask lilduke or Ferniesnow they ride and would know about sled issues.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
News flash, neither Polaris or Can Am came up with that suspension design. Its been used on desert buggy's for a long time before production SxS's came along.
It's been on canam quads since 06 ... Ffs
lol it's not new to canam....
hahaha

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is the rzr 1000 ? What is your point ? The little info on the x3 set up is much different than a rzr . It is a 4 link not 3 link set up ...!! So much more adjustment for wheel scrub & camber to start. Also the shock angle and position is way different , and I am sticking my neck out a bit here but .. It will have better quality wheel bearings and bushings than a rzr ...ones that last more than 3 months ...!

While it may appear to look similar , it is not at all . In fact it resembles a wildcat a lot more than a rzr ...lol
and that's good ,because the cat has the best suspension out of the box right now .....

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "point" is I made a comment on the similarity to the RZR 1000 rear suspension and a few of you got your panties in a knot. For the record, I've got over 1,600 miles on my RZR and still have the original wheel bearings. They're not all bad just because you may have had bad luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Luck of the draw with bearings as I have changed only two bearings on my commander and the guy that has a sxs the same as mine with the same miles ( very close ) has gone through three sets of wheelbearings .
We have the same driving style and most times are traveling together. Go figure !!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "point" is I made a comment on the similarity to the RZR 1000 rear suspension and a few of you got your panties in a knot. For the record, I've got over 1,600 miles on my RZR and still have the original wheel bearings. They're not all bad just because you may have had bad luck.

No twisty panties ( yuck ) , all Ian saying is I ( me personally) don't like the direction popo has taken . People were not getting burnt alive back then , there were no STOP ride alerts issued !! They have gone from good quality parts to poor quality parts and now to a stop sell & ride situation in a few years ... This is what I mean , I am not talking specific machines , but invest general terms . I'm sure your machine has been great , like thousands of others . BUT , when you put profits ahead or proper testing and R&D , as well as quality there are going to be issues...

My popo machines were great , but I did not like the gradual drop in quality ! Also back a few years there was no competition for a rzr ... Now multiple company's are making comparable machines so we have a choice , more than ever ....
popo made billions of the SXS ( rzr ) industry , and I find it frustrating that rather than improve quality and design, there goal is to simply make more models and rush them to market ...

I have been a loyal popo supporter for a long time , but I can no longer agree with there buisness agenda, in terms of the path the company has chosen.
Again this is my opinion on what works for me , but if you see the changes in market share starting to take effect .... Lots if others share this view...

For example ;Robb rally , 7 / 8 years ago there were all kinds of quads there .. Today 90% are canam ... Are they better, who knows ... But they have a huge market share now .... So , yes changes do happen .

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am in the same boat, my rzr is about to roll over 4000km i just did rear brg's fronts are original. fawk even the brake pads are original. Shes been one solid machine for all the abuse i put it through.

Top Bottom