2016 ski doo recall

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Was just on the doo website and see there is a recall on the fuel system, bad fuel lines or something. anybody had the repair done that can shed some light on what they actually fix.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
November 3, 2015

[h=3][/h]Which models are affected by the safety recall?
Certain serial numbers of Model Year 2016 Ski-Doo 600 HO E-TEC™ and 800R E-TEC™ snowmobiles

What is the potential problem?
Some units were assembled with a fuel hose assembly that may have internal damage which could lead to a fuel leak. If such leakage occurs, fuel vapor in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire and can potentially cause serious injuries.

duffmannt

Reaction score
November 3, 2015

Which models are affected by the safety recall?
Certain serial numbers of Model Year 2016 Ski-Doo 600 HO E-TEC™ and 800R E-TEC™ snowmobiles

What is the potential problem?
Some units were assembled with a fuel hose assembly that may have internal damage which could lead to a fuel leak. If such leakage occurs, fuel vapor in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire and can potentially cause serious injuries.

Chit. Better get that fixed.

c.wilson07

Reaction score
Turns out I called dealer and they checked the vin# and my machine didn't get the bad fuel hose assembly so quick call to dealer and a guy can find out if you need to get it fixed or not.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Turns out I called dealer and they checked the vin# and my machine didn't get the bad fuel hose assembly so quick call to dealer and a guy can find out if you need to get it fixed or not.

Correct a mundo!
Sorry, forgot to add that in last post. Not all machines are effected.
Mines is also like yours. Built before the bad line was installed.

Quick call to dealer. They can tell you right away!

coolcam

Reaction score
My dealer told me that the steering post has a recall on some sleds as well. Same deal, check your VIN.

My sled wasn't on the list either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me that the steering post has a recall on some sleds as well. Same deal, check your VIN.

My sled wasn't on the list either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not the steering post it's the clamps that go around the steering post to your riser. They have newer clamps this year and some came from factory without the right ones ( not all of them). The steering post have bigger gussettes so the clamps were being interfered by them so they have cut always on the clamps

Top Bottom