2016 Jetta tdi

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my Jetta in for a 60000 km service today and now my computer is saying only 800 km to a tank when before was 1200 plus anyone else has this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has somthing to do with vw cheating emissions.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were cheating on the emission tests to get the better mileage?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my Jetta in for a 60000 km service today and now my computer is saying only 800 km to a tank when before was 1200 plus anyone else has this issue

they had to redo all there strategies and computer programs. Sorry to say but your car will never get the mileage that it once did. Now they have to play by the rules like everybody else.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious but how is yours on urea? Buddy has nearly 25k on his 16 jetta TDI and has yet to fill the urea as it hasnt dropped.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you been approached at all about a buy back? just wondering how VW is handling the scandal in Canada. Sorry about the mileage drop...

mtncat1

Reaction score
those mileage computers a notorious for being misleading just reset it and do your mileage with math.they haven't even come up with the fix yet so there is little chance anything changed , my friend got his buyback info last month they will give him 27000 dollars us for it plus the he keeps the 1000.00 he got already . he paid that for the car and was very very happy with it the 2 years he's had it.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those mileage computers a notorious for being misleading just reset it and do your mileage with math.they haven't even come up with the fix yet so there is little chance anything changed , my friend got his buyback info last month they will give him 27000 dollars us for it plus the he keeps the 1000.00 he got already . he paid that for the car and was very very happy with it the 2 years he's had it.

I doubt that the cars would still be on the road if they are still running the old strategy... as soon as the dealer sees them I'm sure that they are required by law to upload new software that does not allow the excessive emissions output. The problem was that the programming defeated back to a conservative law abiding code when scanned by a computer. When scanner was disconnected the nox limit was taken out of the equation. Hence the minimal consumption of urea and reduced egr flow to lower egts. (High egts create excessive nox). My 2c...

mtncat1

Reaction score
I doubt that the cars would still be on the road if they are still running the old strategy... as soon as the dealer sees them I'm sure that they are required by law to upload new software that does not allow the excessive emissions output. The problem was that the programming defeated back to a conservative law abiding code when scanned by a computer. When scanner was disconnected the nox limit was taken out of the equation. Hence the minimal consumption of urea and reduced egr flow to lower egts. (High egts create excessive nox). My 2c...
the emission fix is not available in the us ,and it is much more than just a soft ware update i am a professional mechanic with 20 year at a dealership and 10 in my own shop so i am not talking just to talk. but this in the us. they had the software rigged to detect when the i/m test was being preformed and adjust emissions to meet standards only while being tested. p/s the haven't even began to address the issues with the v6 engines used in VW , Porsche and Audi's . what a mess .

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our 2013 touareg TDI isn't part of the emission problems (so we're told), we were told it was just the cars, however because it is a diesel, we still had to bring it in for an inspection. In doing so, we were given a $500.00 prepaid visa, and a $500.00 credit at V.W. Nothing has changed with fuel consumption with our unit.

mtncat1

Reaction score
Our 2013 touareg TDI isn't part of the emission problems (so we're told), we were told it was just the cars, however because it is a diesel, we still had to bring it in for an inspection. In doing so, we were given a $500.00 prepaid visa, and a $500.00 credit at V.W. Nothing has changed with fuel consumption with our unit.
all vw diesels will eventually be recalled the 4 cylinders is where they started t v6's are coming .great vehicles but but emission cheating at that level is very bad

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the emission fix is not available in the us ,and it is much more than just a soft ware update i am a professional mechanic with 20 year at a dealership and 10 in my own shop so i am not talking just to talk. but this in the us. they had the software rigged to detect when the i/m test was being preformed and adjust emissions to meet standards only while being tested. p/s the haven't even began to address the issues with the v6 engines used in VW , Porsche and Audi's . what a mess .
Do you tune vehicles? Not by just plugging in and loading pre-made tunes but actually changing values in tables or using hex code editing software?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought Jake they should have said something on your service report about a reflash

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought Jake they should have said something on your service report about a reflash

I read the service report it didn't say anything, I got a appointment for Friday morning

Top Bottom