2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in keyhole last sunday, starting to show rocks until you hit the logging road. I'd say this will be last weekend before you'll drive up with sled decks.
Thanks iceman.... we went in today. Ice and rocks up to the PowerLine but good after that. Awesome day! Was untouched till now! Hehe

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Road Chappel today, had a great day. A fresh dump overnight left 2' - 3' sticky powder. Had an epic ride, ran out of gas again. Trail was good for this time of the year, there was dirt at km 3 at a switchback, otherwise snow right from the shack. Parking lot is gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaws

Reaction score
Anyone open to a tag along tomorrow . All gear and won't hold anyone up.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anybody ride Allan this weekend driving up in the morning for 4 days to finish off the season and dad wants to head up there first

Thoeg

Reaction score
Pictures are looking good cant wait to till the weekend! Heading down Thursday night BRRAAAPPP

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We came out this weekend for the snow in the pics from last week. Well its mostly just for show. 6-8 inches on a hard spring base.. Bring out your 144" tracks if ya wanna have fun. It's heroic snow now, went all the way to the end of allen, found a few areas. Was nice but certainly not great conditions, at least the trail was in great shape..

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The pics I posted in the previous post were Chappell on April 8. The snow was awesome and we were surprised and had a great weekend.
Sunday April 9, we headed into Clemina. The bottom 1st km of the trail was starting to degrade with water holes and some mud then got better, from km3 up the trail was in great shape. For April this is awesome. We headed in towards baurs last chance. The snow was 5-6" on most of the open areas where most travel. We found a few slopes that had between 12-18" fresh snow cover. There were many other slopes with fairly decent snow but they were loaded and not something our group was risking. Then headed around hillclimb hill the new snow that direction was anywhere between 5" - 10" deep. A few peeps from our crew went down the elevator, respecting the boundaries then came back up. We then made our way back to the trucks. The trail at the end of the day was still in good shape. A little more water holes, slush and mud was evident in the bottom 1 - 1-1/2 km but it's holding on.

Last edited:

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, planning to head up Tuesday night with a few bikes. Is there still snow just after the booth at Allan? Contemplating bringing the tracked argo with small trailer to access snow if needed as the bikes are horrible in the mud and gravel. Cheers.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail was good all the way to the booth on sunday. Pretty hard base and a few of the pulls between km-2-6 were showing a few rocks and hard packed base with little traction. Probably be pushing up a few of them with the bike.. still doable forsure

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring is settling quickly around here. The alpine snow is changing daily with spells of fresh snow at times and warm temps causing settlement at others. This time of year, you never know when its going to hammer down and very often we get surprised with some amazing snowfalls up in the mountains that were not in the forecast, so our advice is to take the gamble and get out for a ride while you still can!

Allen Creek is still being groomed. Clemina is finished for the season and we hope to be able to run the groomer up Chappell at least one more time prior to the upcoming long weekend.

Ride safe

For the full report please visit

Grooming Schedule and Conditions - Home | Home

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That kid is going to be hard to keep up to soon!
The pics I posted in the previous post were Chappell on April 8. The snow was awesome and we were surprised and had a great weekend.
Sunday April 9, we headed into Clemina. The bottom 1st km of the trail was starting to degrade with water holes and some mud then got better, from km3 up the trail was in great shape. For April this is awesome. We headed in towards baurs last chance. The snow was 5-6" on most of the open areas where most travel. We found a few slopes that had between 12-18" fresh snow cover. There were many other slopes with fairly decent snow but they were loaded and not something our group was risking. Then headed around hillclimb hill the new snow that direction was anywhere between 5" - 10" deep. A few peeps from our crew went down the elevator, respecting the boundaries then came back up. We then made our way back to the trucks. The trail at the end of the day was still in good shape. A little more water holes, slush and mud was evident in the bottom 1 - 1-1/2 km but it's holding on.

KilroyNo1

Reaction score
Rode Allen Creek on Saturday and Sunday. The trail up was still decent, but getting thin in a few places. Next weekend may be the last of the season for grooming. The snow on the far end (after Avalanche Alley) was great with a lot of untouched areas.

A shout out to Amanda for her epic sled plant off an 8' ledge. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics from the weekend to add to rons post. Awesome weekend with stellar conditions for the most part. First trip I've been able to make all year and it sure didn't disappoint. Back next weekend for one last kick for the year

Better late than never, right?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys are still riding some pretty good snow uptop . Varda is still grooming at the moment .
We have two cabins and one room left in the lodge for Easter weekend .
Easter Weekend deal is on

250-566-9933

Cabin or lodge - full meals $99 p/p ( min dbl occ , min 2 nights )

Cabins - no meals $129 night ( 1-3 people , $10 per extra person , min 2 nights )

Pics from 2 days ago .

Last edited:

Popsiclestand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another great weekend staying at summit river lodge. Lisa and Terry were awesome as usual. Snow was half decent in clemina. Anyone got a video of Mikey many numbers son blowing my avy bag off in the lodge?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Another great weekend staying at summit river lodge. Lisa and Terry were awesome as usual. Snow was half decent in clemina. Anyone got a video of Mikey many numbers son blowing my avy bag off in the lodge?
Can't figure out how to do it on phone. I'll share it when I get home.

Top Bottom