2016 / 2017 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great News!

Grooming has begun in all three areas. Trails have been broke and a second pass has been made with the drags in all three managed areas.

Conditions are still thin down low and we are playing things day by day at this time although these cold temps should allow for some good trail conditions.

Alpine snow depths are averaging 165cms and riding is still quite good in all three of the major areas. Riders are urged to use caution as many hazards such as rocks, stumps and open water still exist.

Hopefully this week’s cold weather will help out with the freeze up.

NOTE: Trail passes are now required in all areas. Please come prepared and if you had plans to but have not yet purchased your seasons pass, get on it to avoid delays.

Click the link for the full report
http://ridevalemount.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dec-6-2016.pdf

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's wonderful news.
Great News!

Grooming has begun in all three areas. Trails have been broke and a second pass has been made with the drags in all three managed areas.

Conditions are still thin down low and we are playing things day by day at this time although these cold temps should allow for some good trail conditions.

Alpine snow depths are averaging 165cms and riding is still quite good in all three of the major areas. Riders are urged to use caution as many hazards such as rocks, stumps and open water still exist.

Hopefully this week’s cold weather will help out with the freeze up.

NOTE: Trail passes are now required in all areas. Please come prepared and if you had plans to but have not yet purchased your seasons pass, get on it to avoid delays.

Click the link for the full report
http://ridevalemount.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dec-6-2016.pdf

crash77

Reaction score
Is there a requirement to have your sleds registered? I was told that the RCMP are checking for insurance and registration in the parking lots and not allowing people to unload if you don't have either of them.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it is required to have them registered to ride on crown land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you need them both , previous years you could ride with just insurance, not anymore!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Last year they were letting you unload and ride if you wanted a ticket.
Is there a requirement to have your sleds registered? I was told that the RCMP are checking for insurance and registration in the parking lots and not allowing people to unload if you don't have either of them.

arcticcat ruler

Reaction score
Last year we got checked in renshaw, and one of us didnt have registration and insurance with him, they gave him 2 weeks to email it in and off we went!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last year they were lenient because it was the first year that registration was implemented, would not take the chance if you value your cash.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded Allen Creek Monday Tuesday found some fresh 3 ft deep pow both days pretty pounded tho back to Premier there's a hiway to the back.... -12 up top today awesome job on grooming new trail up allen creek thx.... lots of fresh pow off the cow paths just got to look a bit or know where to look.... great trip..... needs to snow for a week when it warms up....

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys and girls ,
We just had a few cancellations for this weekend .
Here's chance to give Valemount's Best Kept Secret a chance how the other half rides . :)
Full meals , show up with sled , fuel and booze
$129 per person dbl occ

sk84luv

Reaction score
We are going to be coming up for our first trip next weekend! Hoping the snow falls and these temperatures rise a little bit! Anyone tell me a good site to track temperatures at elevation?
Thanks!

Top Bottom