2015 Summit X T3 174 or 163?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish they would have made a 3" in a 154. down here the 163 and 174 will not shine in these tight ass trees but definitely the 3" would be a great option on the 154 maybe in 2016 they will offer the T3 package in the 154. Looks good minus the colors hopefully they bring some other choices out but definitely gonna be a sweet machine! Kinda wish I didn't buy this stupid POOO I'd be looking at a new 154 doo again

you have a mono ski sled??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your trees tighter than the rest of bc? I can guarantee you a 63 will drop into any terrain a 54 would then outshine it while picking ur way thru and out

Yup i can honestly say the trees are different here than what you get in areas like vale revy and salmon arm not saying tighter but way different. dont get me wrong you guys have some of the most amazing tree riding. But trees hete are only 6-12 inches around and barely wide enough for a sled on its side to squeeze through. we dont have these nicely spaced trees with decent sized pulls to make a big track shine trust me i rode 163 for 9 years and now have a 155 and can actually go places around here. i agree on big deep pulls that 163-174 would shine but not around here they dont. we usually see anywhere from 4500-6500 rpm when picking way through trees here if your lucky to find a nice draw to poke through then ya youll wind it out but not often.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the odd gearing change with the summit x and t3?

t3 - 19/49 = 2.57
x - 19/51 = 2.68

if anything you'd expect it to be the other way around.... Especially for the 174 option.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 tooth drivers though

Yea I never understood that either.... Camo wouldn't even warrant a 3" track with 7th drivers.

there are a lot of things the 174 t3 gets over the 162 t3. Just have to read it closely. The 162 version only sheds 6lbs where as the 174 sheds 16lbs

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I never understood that either.... Camo wouldn't even warrant a 3" track with 7th drivers.

there are a lot of things the 174 t3 gets over the 162 t3. Just have to read it closely. The 162 version only sheds 6lbs where as the 174 sheds 16lbs
Not really sure why that would be?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea, is it just me or does the attack angle look steeper in the pictures as well

i think its just the photos. the skid is moved back, and the chaincase is 27mm longer. so it shouldnt be any worse than a factory summit x with a 2.5" track i wouldnt think. the inch longer chaincase will makeup for the smaller drivers.

also remember that 174x3" they managed to make it the same weight as the 163x2.5" so perhaps they found the driver size made up for it enough

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if i went out and got a Racers edge skid and picked up the new 174 3'' powdermax track would it fit onto my '13 turbo without clearance issues? if so i'd be a happy camper if not looks like it might go up for sale and i'll be bringing a T3 174 to TSS

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it will fit with 7 tooth drivers. but they want 2000$ for that track from skidoo. so your going to be 2500-3000 for that mod maybe better to upgrade and get all the new tech? duno just a thought

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it will fit with 7 tooth drivers. but they want 2000$ for that track from skidoo. so your going to be 2500-3000 for that mod maybe better to upgrade and get all the new tech? duno just a thought

Yea maxwell that's what im kind of leaning towards, will be kind of a shame selling the turbo considering after the install i only had one trip on it before having a season ending leg injury, but someone will get a heck of a deal with a brand new turbo and i will have a new sled with 0 Km's and no worries :d:beer:

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
I wonder if i went out and got a Racers edge skid and picked up the new 174 3'' powdermax track would it fit onto my '13 turbo without clearance issues? if so i'd be a happy camper if not looks like it might go up for sale and i'll be bringing a T3 174 to TSS

Personally I would lean towards the new T3, if only for all the other subtle details that the engineering group put into it. As was mentioned before, coolers, skid position, rear swing arm position, front suspension, etc. etc. have had changes and tweaks.

As for TSS, I have a strong feeling that Dave and the boys are going to be very busy boosting sleds this coming season... ;-) This new sled may have sold a lot of turbos for them!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just perused the new line up from DOO holy crap!!! Those 3' lug track sleds are awsome losing weight with that package as well.Polaris dropped the ball this year for sure.I wish I could take 20 plus years off this 53 yr old body too make one of those sleds work like they can.If I din't have a 14 pro 163 with only 400 miles I think I would be joining maxwell ans snowchecking one.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy from doo talk had a 13 xm, 174 X 3 last year ,

Went up and over anything

Even the 163 X 3 couldn't do it

Stock motor.... Just kept going and going

Even had good track speed

sent while I should be drinking tea's

How fast was he going 15 MPH? I like going over the top a lot faster than that.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How fast was he going 15 MPH? I like going over the top a lot faster than that.

thats great. for some of us its about sidehilling through the tight trees on a steep face and being able to burn a 90 straight up the hill with instant throttle response and traction to get you up to the next zone. not blowing over the top of boring big hills all day with excessive speed.

Top Bottom