2015 Summit 163 x 3'' Track speed

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a few good honest snow and mud members to state what they were getting for track speed and RPM on their 163 T3 last year.. I have a 2013 with the old avid 7t/3'' and it's not uncommon to max out at 38mph at 7900 rpm. Clickers don't seem to matter weather much i'm on 4,5 or 6. 6 Just seems to take the mid range life right out of it. The clutch and gearing is stock. Clutch parts aren't worn out or dirty so we can rule that out..

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right to me. all mine have been around 36-42mph in a loaded pull in deep stuff. But im a heavy guy when all geared up.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything wrong with my sled in particular. Just wondering if the new sleds with the extended chaincase and larger drivers as well as clutching and gearing changes are seeing 5-8 mph more and pulling proper revs.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a few good honest snow and mud members to state what they were getting for track speed and RPM on their 163 T3 last year.. I have a 2013 with the old avid 7t/3'' and it's not uncommon to max out at 38mph at 7900 rpm. Clickers don't seem to matter weather much i'm on 4,5 or 6. 6 Just seems to take the mid range life right out of it. The clutch and gearing is stock. Clutch parts aren't worn out or dirty so we can rule that out..

I cant remember where but I do remember reading up about the clicker setting and 1-3 being where the torque curve is at. 4-6 you start to run out of the curve. ideal would be to have 79-8100 rpms at clicker 3. Now keep in mind this is what I read weather its true or not someone in here will most likely chime in and correct me if im wrong.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1-3 is what you want provided you are revving properly. You will miss the torque curve at 4-6 if you are over revving. I'm not really in either of these categories.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1-3 is what you want provided you are revving properly. You will miss the torque curve at 4-6 if you are over revving. I'm not really in either of these categories.

For higher elevation and climbing target for # 3-4 position.
IMO
Bump up to #1 for trail home and drop your rpm as will up shift a lot more.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. ^^ Thanks. Just kind of looking for performance reviews from someone with a 2015 163 T3. If they are about the same as what I've got that's fine. If they are better then that's good. Wondering if there is any reason at all to upgrade the sled I've got.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My stock T3 163 would only pull 7600rpm in deep pow, I geared down to a 19 tooth top gear and it woke it right up.

No idea on the track speed, but I climbed the fingers on Turtle Mountain on a stock sled.

Same motor as your sled though. I cant tell you if its worth upgrading, thats ur call.

Top Bottom