T3 174? Bigdeal !!!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Weird? Though you or T-team didn't didn't like 3"? Search is great. lol
T-team Quote,
Maxwell did mine for me.....We even did the flex edge conversion... That's the last 3" ill ever do for sure. You CAN'T just throw a 3" on those XM's and call it good. Granted Im not on the hill as much as some and might not be as knowledgabe but Im smart enough to know after watching stock and the 3" go all year that its a gigantic waste of money.
I HAVE a 3" on my sled........It has 1300kms on it........Take it from me.......It is a waste of money now. On the XP's......NO... I really liked it. The CHEAPEST way for me to get out of this 3" and back into a 2.5 is to sell the sled and thats what Im doing!!! Obviosly the traction is there.....but all around riding the 2.5 is the way to go.....We put them head to head all day.......save your money and do some pipe work!
All the shops I know of are usually too busy installing stuff and doing work to get out on the hill as much as they should..... Maybe not your shop lol. I could really care less if maxwell said they worked or they didn't I was just giving my two cents man...... Im simply stating that My sled has 1200K on it.....And All of those kms were put on beside mutiple stock XM's and its a waste of money in my opinion. Jesus........ You talk about peopkle yapping on a forum???? I was trying to contribute some information and you jam your keyboard like your a hero about ME AND MAXWELL not climbing anything or whatever? Why am I getting bundled in with him becuase I was talking about MY SLED and how I thought it worked? Calm yourself... Go get a 3" I dont care I was just stating facts.. And maybe dont tell me how I ride either lol you clearly werent out wathching last weekend
Maxwell Quote,
I've had like 15 of them go out of my shop guess they were all Fawked. Yes there are small gains and larger gains in the trees but not 2500$ worth. The only sled with a 3" that worked AWESOME was one I built with a bikeman full performer kit. The extra 10hp really got that biotch spinning and wow did it hook up.
I think that's a big part of it. In the deep sugar snow it seems to climb no higher than the 2.5" but still does work better moving slow through the trees. But if it gets some hookup in heavier snow or harder spring snow then yes it does climb much higher. I'm not saying there are no gains but just for myself and others I have done its just not worth the coin. I would put one on every single sled I've had but I just can't get them to last more than a season is really what it comes down too. And now that camo isn't making the old style anymore I just really have a hard time with that new 14 wide lug
the best part about my experience with the 3" track is that i havent paid a dime for any of the ones ive spent time on. so im not afraid to say how it works or doesnt work

These are only a few and a lot more if anyone wants to search?? lol

Its fine if you dont have the means of getting a new sled.... and are choosing to bash them instead of try and look for some good points on yours... There are always the batch of guys that think thier older sleds are better than the new ones, Human nature! ..... Thats what BRP does... They make products every year that are inferior to the previous year! Thats how they stay in buisness. You dug back pretty far... but again... READ WHAT WE ARE SAYING!!! STOCK!!!!! ---->STOCK<----. a STOCK sled with a 3" track and smaller drivers is a waste of money over a 2.5 becuase it is SOOOO Expensive to do properly. If I were to take a stock 2014 and put a 3" on it... I would need an avid chaine case.... drivers....and a track. thats going to be a around 6 grand.... And thats only HALF of what the T3 has come to change...

These are only a few and there are alot more if anyone wants to search? You seem to be willing to throw alot of time away looking for excuses on why not to get a new one.... Don't get one! Who cares!! Theres nothing wrong with yours.... Im not sure why you are trying to beat it into everyone elses head that they arent good machines.... People can make thier own opinions... and you havent made any really valid points in here at all! You have just been busy trying to prove to everyone you dont need a new one..... Nobody cares dude. You are copy and pasting things without reading them and making yourslef look stupid. All the things you are taking so much time to look for..... is exactly what hes saying lol. Get a hobby bro

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its fine if you dont have the means of getting a new sled.... and are choosing to bash them instead of try and look for some good points on yours... There are always the batch of guys that think thier older sleds are better than the new ones, Human nature! ..... Thats what BRP does... They make products every year that are inferior to the previous year! Thats how they stay in buisness. You dug back pretty far... but again... READ WHAT WE ARE SAYING!!! STOCK!!!!! ---->STOCK<----. a STOCK sled with a 3" track and smaller drivers is a waste of money over a 2.5 becuase it is SOOOO Expensive to do properly. If I were to take a stock 2014 and put a 3" on it... I would need an avid chaine case.... drivers....and a track. thats going to be a around 6 grand.... And thats only HALF of what the T3 has come to change...

These are only a few and there are alot more if anyone wants to search? You seem to be willing to throw alot of time away looking for excuses on why not to get a new one.... Don't get one! Who cares!! Theres nothing wrong with yours.... Im not sure why you are trying to beat it into everyone elses head that they arent good machines.... People can make thier own opinions... and you havent made any really valid points in here at all! You have just been busy trying to prove to everyone you dont need a new one..... Nobody cares dude. You are copy and pasting things without reading them and making yourslef look stupid. All the things you are taking so much time to look for..... is exactly what hes saying lol. Get a hobby bro

First off never said they where not a good machine and not get one?? People make up there own mind on what suits there needs.
What I was saying is that it isn't anything new that hasn't been done but now that BRP does it , its a big deal.

Know for the 2 minutes it took to copy and paste?

You two would thing that if they come out with two skies on the back and track on the front it would be the greatest thing that hit the snow as long as Doo built it. lol
Because it is stock and no one other than a sponsored Doo rider has ridden it, its the greatest? (maybe , maybe not)
I think Doo builds great products as well but they all make mistakes so get off your guy's high BRP horse and take a look around and sometimes you may see something ??

Cheers

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
First off never said they where not a good machine and not get one?? People make up there own mind on what suits there needs.
What I was saying is that it isn't anything new that hasn't been done but now that BRP does it , its a big deal.

You two would thing that if they come out with two skies on the back and track on the front it would be the greatest thing that hit the snow as long as Doo built it. lol
Because it is stock and no one other than a sponsored Doo rider has ridden it, its the greatest? (maybe , maybe not)
I think Doo builds great products as well but they all make mistakes so get off your guy's high BRP horse and take a look around and sometimes you may see something ??

Cheers

Not true... I know quite a few people that have been riding that T3 that have NOTHING to do with BRP..... All those pictures you see floating around... Those guys arent ALL sponsored.. Kuster and Rassmussen yes. And as for me thinking they are the greatest thing that hit the snow... So what? I truley believe that they make a superior product, Not becuase of where I work or what I ride... But becuase I am lucky enough to have a group of friends that are all extremley talented riders. There are a few polaris sleds, and a few cat sleds in the group and I have never seen a more competetive group of people ride together than my group... ALL DAY its one after the other trying things.... And as of THIS YEAR... There is only ONE cat left in the group. The whole batch transfered to the XM. Not becuase of me...... Or becuase they all want the same sled. Its the exact opposite.... They would like nothing more than to have a different machine out-premorm the group. I didn't realize it was a bad thing to hold a brand high... everyone else does it! If you don't like my opinion.. You dont have to read it. I like the Innovations....Superior warranty, Superior fit and finish, Superior power, Superior footprint.. I apologize VERY much for thinking they are the greatest and getting excited about the new stuff. And for the record... It IS NEW, and it HASN't been done before... Offering a product that most people sink a LOT of money into thier stock machine to try and achive....then standing behind it bumper to bumper for four years.... IS A BIG DEAL.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Pretty sure a ten year old mod will kick ass on any new stocker

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cheers

Ill disagree on the one point, lots non sponsored doo riders have had their hands on the new ride, although itd prob eat the all know doo faithful up that theres peeps out there gettn their hands on it before them 😉😉😉😉

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don't worry you won't have to read my review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Well see ya almost proved my point, why not? Give a real non hooraah report, i would but nobody would give a $hit cause i dont ride doo,,, but yooouuu, every tard would love to hear ur say,,, why not express ur thoughts on it unbiased and unlike ur paid heros norona, kuster er yvonne? Or are ya not capable of it??? Cant wait to hear if ya got anythin reasonable

And i call bs, youll give ur say a hundred times over at some point. Just like u were quittin the site 😉

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Ya Maxwell wtf.. Stop coming into the Ski-Doo specific chats and saying they are the best. Retard.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy, I'm sure glad cat never done nothing this year, I'll just have to keep ridin my old relic for another season. Good job to ski doo though & great offer to the 4yr warranty.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy, I'm sure glad cat never done nothing this year, I'll just have to keep ridin my old relic for another season. Good job to ski doo though & great offer to the 4yr warranty.

Or we could get you on a bombardier next season? LOLOLOLOLOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay I am not bashing or saying its not great that BRP brought out a stock sled like this. Its like it was the first sled that hit the snow with a 174 x 3 track.
The 174 has been on the snow for quite a bit in all brands.(extended case,7 tooth drivers and other mods)
Anyone out there ride one of these before they put $ down on one? (Most likely not)
For that matter ridden a sled with 174? It doesn't handle the same. Sorry. Jump from a 174 onto a 163 and check it out if you can.
The new T3 174 if it was so great why are we not seeing any out for test rides to convince possible buyers they are what they are saying. note: (do it now and it would suck as conditions are not needed for it)
Buyers have to take somebody else's word for it that they are the best thing since sliced bread. These folks that are telling everyone would say that if they didn't work.
Heck I have seen a guy that speaks all the time (rides a martins sled wrap xm lol )post in years past that a 3 inch wasn't the way to go. The xm with 163 x 2.5 was all that was needed. But now that BRP has one it will be the ****.
A few years ago looked at extended case verse 7 tooth (on XP) and some dam good riders had a different thought to extended case. Changed the handling for the negative and stick to 7 tooth. They had built and ridden both so new the difference and not trying to sell you extended case.
I have had 174's (3 inch and 2.5) for going on 5 seasons and have seen the differences (good and bad) and have a pretty good idea what they work like but fail to see the big deal.
Again not bashing . Good for BRP? Just fail to see the big deal.
Cheers :beer::beer:

It is a big deal only because no other manufacturer has done it.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they had the 174 in the sugar bowl this past friday. Track speed of 67km easier to handle than other mod 174's. But stock power isnt for that track. Get more hp and you can have a fun sled. The yellow looks better in person i personally liked it. Gets away from the all black that every other sled on the mtn is.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they had the 174 in the sugar bowl this past friday. Track speed of 67km easier to handle than other mod 174's. But stock power isnt for that track. Get more hp and you can have a fun sled. The yellow looks better in person i personally liked it. Gets away from the all black that every other sled on the mtn is.

67kmh for track speed?? How deep was the snow. 42mph sounds pretty good considering the size of track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
67 is brutal!! My 14 with the old style 162-3" pulls 75 - 80

That's why I asked how deep the snow was. If that was turnout track speed than that's great.
Don't forget your speedo on your 14 will be reading 8% faster than actual track speed. The speedo on the T3 should be properly calibrated for the 7t drivers.
My 2011 with the 7t and a 162 3" was always high 40's, low 50mph on the speedo.

IF the t3 speedo is not calibrated for the 7t drivers than that track speed sucks and I'll keep my 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Considering most XMs with 154x2.5 tracks are only doing 67-72 km/h track speed on a powder climb I don't understand these comments about lack of track speed.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw the 174... Man that is a big sled. Track is definitely softer than the old style 3" but harder than the x3. Softer than doo's 2.5 track. Should be a good setup. Ports are a little wider then a pen. Cooler looks to be the same as a 146/154, and the one in the front is a full size not reduced like everyone says. Cooling should be fine I would think. Rails are tipped up at the back 8-10". Front end is definitely changed over the 13/14 models, ground clearance looks nice. Muffler is still huge!

i will give it two years when they up the power :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom