T3 174? Bigdeal !!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you thinking you wont get stuck as "much" with a 174 good luck. Have more fun digging them out its a trench from hell.

I had a 174x3 last year the biggest eye opener for me was riding with guys who spend time on the mtn and can actually ride, doing circles around me on a 154 stocker. The 174 was a crutch. Hence why skidoo is saying its just not for the pros its for the intermediate and novice cause you can stop and pick your lines. If I was buying a new sled this year might just be a 154 i dont have any interest in a turbo chute climbing sled anyways. I think a lot of guys will hop on and buy the 174 just cause its the biggest sled from factory and whoever said that you will see lots of them for sale come february I agree.

I have seen only a handful of guys that can actually out ride a stock 163x2.5 let alone stock 174x3 or turbo sleds for that matter. I think we all like to think we are that guy but the majority of us are not. Including me.

So if those same riders that run circles around you on a 154 hoped on a 174 they wouldn't be able to anymore? Don't think so. Once they adapted to it (unless they are into big jumps) they would spin even more circles around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was pretty much busted as same old BS as soon as he typed "pops back up on the snow easier than a Pro ", , apparently he hasnt spent much time comparing that either. LOL.

I'll have my friends 2012 pro out next week I guess I'll give it another shot lmao. Maybe all the time I've spent on it the track wasn't glued in properly or something

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's funny that you had to say it, I doubt he even got it when he was typing what he rides

Ya I fully did. I also fully expected these childish responses. I've spent enough time around 3" tracks and 174 lengths to know what's going on. OMG I haven't owned a 173 3" just 5 163 3" and a 174 2.5" guess I'm an idiot and really don't know what I'm talking about. Duh. Oh and I've never ever ever ever ridden a 174 3" in my entire life. Really?

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chute climbing for me, so I'm excited that I don't have to do an extra 4-5 thousand dollar mod to my sled, it's already done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like a black 174 is going to be in my future, I still have reservations about the 3" but there have been a lot of good points mentioned in this thread, the biggest one came from my dealer!! This year he did a 162 3" and broke the rods, this was a way differant feel he said from previous 3" tracks he had.

And of those that think I'm a hater I'm not. I have a 13 XM 163 sitting in my garage that has been a flawless sled for me.
Before April 22 I hope to get on one in marginal snow conditions, and see for myself.
Watching guys like kuster and Norona ride one isn't fair comparison, those guys could out ride me on a bloody tundra!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like a black 174 is going to be in my future, I still have reservations about the 3" but there have been a lot of good points mentioned in this thread, the biggest one came from my dealer!! This year he did a 162 3" and broke the rods, this was a way differant feel he said from previous 3" tracks he had.

And of those that think I'm a hater I'm not. I have a 13 XM 163 sitting in my garage that has been a flawless sled for me.
Before April 22 I hope to get on one in marginal snow conditions, and see for myself.
Watching guys like kuster and Norona ride one isn't fair comparison, those guys could out ride me on a bloody tundra!!

It's a good thing you brought that up. We tried the rod breaking thing on the old style camo extremes and while it was better it still effected the handling on marginal snow compared to the 2.5 true flex edge. What they have done is completely remove the rods on the new 3" on each side. Hopes are that it will work just looks the 2.5" as far as flex goes. Haven't tried one in anything other than windshield deep snow yet

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't say anything or try "falsitying" anything . Just reposted your comments ?
Cheers:beer:

Uh wtf? Can you read? My statement ( Not t teams ) you found because you clearly have some wish to sink me on the internet says exactly what I've been saying all along. Gains in the trees. But not worth the 2500$. If brp added 2500$ to the cost of the summit x I would not be on one. But now that it's a factory Option for 500$ we are getting somewhere. I think you need to learn how to read bud. This makes you look like a little child. Not once have I said this sled is going to be like having 300hp like you are trying to say I am. It will be an awesome addition for technical tree riders and people that get to ride the deep pow. Please stop harassing me I really enjoy this website and I can't keep wasting my time cleaning up messes your making for me by falsifying my words.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have my friends 2012 pro out next week I guess I'll give it another shot lmao. Maybe all the time I've spent on it the track wasn't glued in properly or something

Jeez, i'll bet everyone will be waiting and wondering what your opinion will be compared to the Doo !!!! LOL.

And you yipping and whining about people putting words in your mouth, you typed them, so good try at back pedalling, watch out you dont trip over your buddy tteam, he's ducking like hell behind you also. LMAO.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeez, i'll bet everyone will be waiting and wondering what your opinion will be compared to the Doo !!!! LOL.

And you yipping and whining about people putting words in your mouth, you typed them, so good try at back pedalling, watch out you dont trip over your buddy tteam, he's ducking like hell behind you also. LMAO.

not ducking. right here. going riding. later. come out if you like. you would probly be crying wanting to go back to the truck though...

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1394833283419.jpg

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And theres no hate coming from here, good on em for giving it try, i liked my 174, hope it works, if it does , I'll buy one. Cause it works, not cause some doofus that bleeds Doo or sells Doo gets on here and bleats same old same old, but constantly alters his opinion and comments to keep in synch with whatever Doo offers. Big difference between hating and questioning. you automatic flag wavers and Doo bum buddies who base your opinion on Decal not performance sure seem to make a lot of pokes and jokes and snitty little comments about the Pro, makes it extremely obvious you lack confidence that you actually made the best choice, human nature, make fun and heckle what secretly worries and scares you, especially when everytime you look to the side, its right there. LOL. Underpowered motor , glue and all. LOL.

Now in saying this, I see this a bit different. Its a 174 , 3 in track, great, they've been around for a long time, big deal, if a guy wanted one so bad why the hell didn't you put one on before. Good and bad, same as every sled feature, but to get all woodied up and carry on like some of you guys , holy crap, get real. Sure it'll be cheaper now, but not really better, not really different, just cheaper. In fact , we all may find cause of the skid changes, the old way of 174 'in was better, we'll see.
In some ways i see this as a bit of a desperate ploy by Doo to give a specific group of deep snow, mountain only riders from straying from the fold, cause theres a lot of those guys who've been looking over the fence pretty hard, especiall since the Pro motors have been proving to be far more dependable, (except on here from the DooTard camp). And they'll certainly sell some sleds to some guys who buy based on noise and bandwagon jumper onners. On a straight out climb the Doo is still usually gonna be high mark by a wee bit, but other than that, that Pro is an awful fun sled to ride and performs most other tasks easier with less effort, the dependability , glue, bumper argument pfft, nice try at spin, they all suck at something.
Good for Doo, I like the 174 offering, but after the initial marketing hoorah, we still have that old modified XP chassis to wrestle with, and thats the challenge they're trying to overcome.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It appears next season is developing into an extravaganza................

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 337

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if those same riders that run circles around you on a 154 hoped on a 174 they wouldn't be able to anymore? Don't think so. Once they adapted to it (unless they are into big jumps) they would spin even more circles around you.

\

of course they can and they are the only ones that are going to use the 174 to its full potential. Cause they spend everyday riding and being on the mtn. Your average joe blow that brp is marketing this sled too will not.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Or loose clamp!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no hate just angry

When it dries behind your ears you'll maybe recognize the difference between making decisions like an arrogant teenager or making them with common sense and tangible facts. That's not hate, hate is what you display when people don't agree with you and your narrow minded opinions.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not ducking. right here. going riding. later. come out if you like. you would probly be crying wanting to go back to the truck though...

The crying To go back I believe, Christ I get sick of your meadow bashing, wheelying back and forth across the same friggen treed humps every weekend on here, in person, no thanks. Stick with the DooTards, they're easy to impress. LOL

Top Bottom