2015 Summit X T3 174 or 163?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol! alot of happy campers right now

im going to try and get on one right away here to compare but i cant see there being a huge difference in handleing from a 163. it will sidehill better, and you will be able to plan your next move easier, i see no downside to the 174 unless you like to jump. but im getting to old for that and i realize i have to go to work the next day so breaking bones isnt in my game plan. 174 it is.

how old are you Max?!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im glad some people are pumped about this ive heard alot of people complaining bout how usless this sled will be i had to go on a rant this am bout people complaining bout it obviously this is no sask sled i think it will be deadly weapon for those who want be able to go anywhere and those who are gonna get aftermarket 174s anyways wat more could u ask for.
i have also heard many of complaints bout the yellow and red an how ugly it is i dont understand why people are butt hurt over the colour u dont have to get the yellow one imo the black looks awesome. i cant wait to see one in action it should be impressive i myself will stick with a 146 for a few more years i can scare myself enough on that

problem is as of right now if you want the 3" track you have to get the yellow one. hoping they change that and offer an all black aswell

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have already been doing this for years. Not only do they have enough power, but they will outclimb (or at least trade marks with) many a turbo rider running 154x15x2.5 and sometimes 162x15x2.5 tracks, especially in the mega-deep snow. It's always been about putting the power down to the snow.

Sorry but any well setup turbo running a 162 X 2.5 will absolutely slaughter a stock 800 x 174" when climbing. 15" or 16" wide, don't matter. I know you guys got boners for the factory 174" and 16" wide, and the new sleds are good, but not that good. The stocker probably have a good chance in the trees and smaller stuff, but not head to head on a big hill. You're down to around 135-140 HP with the stocker at elevation, where the turbo is still making 210+ HP. I put your theory to the test every time out with my buddy, and I'm pushing more power than an 800....Its not all about floatation, you need the track speed to gain and maintain that critical momentum.

No stock 800 with a 174 would make these same pulls at these speeds in these conditions.
Turtle Chutes March 2011.wmv - YouTube

Here's a well setup 15" wide booster.
Fourcast 2 - Troy Lakusta - YouTube

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish they would have made a 3" in a 154. down here the 163 and 174 will not shine in these tight ass trees but definitely the 3" would be a great option on the 154 maybe in 2016 they will offer the T3 package in the 154. Looks good minus the colors hopefully they bring some other choices out but definitely gonna be a sweet machine! Kinda wish I didn't buy this stupid POOO I'd be looking at a new 154 doo again

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Sorry but any well setup turbo running a 162 X 2.5 will absolutely slaughter a stock 800 x 174" when climbing. 15" or 16" wide, don't matter. I know you guys got boners for the factory 174" and 16" wide, and the new sleds are good, but not that good. The stocker probably have a good chance in the trees and smaller stuff, but not head to head on a big hill. You're down to around 135-140 HP with the stocker at elevation, where the turbo is still making 210+ HP. I put your theory to the test every time out with my buddy, and I'm pushing more power than an 800....Its not all about floatation, you need the track speed to gain and maintain that critical momentum.

No stock 800 with a 174 would make these same pulls at these speeds in these conditions.
Turtle Chutes March 2011.wmv - YouTube

Here's a well setup 15" wide booster.
Fourcast 2 - Troy Lakusta - YouTube

Again, I agree on most points - maybe I should have qualified that 'turbo' remark. I'm thinking in the 6lbs boost range, with the smaller tracks and in deep snow - not hard set stuff. I've actually filmed a bunch of sleds trying to break out of a bowl in neck-deep powder and the 174x3 stockers were actually outmarking the turbos. By the time the turbos got up to the highmark their momentum was already toast, whereas the 174's just would keep on going. As I'm sure you know, there is a wide variance in how turbos (and chassis) are set up.

That being said, bolt on a turbo to this new T3 174 and watch what happens... ;-)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish they would have made a 3" in a 154. down here the 163 and 174 will not shine in these tight ass trees but definitely the 3" would be a great option on the 154 maybe in 2016 they will offer the T3 package in the 154. Looks good minus the colors hopefully they bring some other choices out but definitely gonna be a sweet machine! Kinda wish I didn't buy this stupid POOO I'd be looking at a new 154 doo again
Heck Jared if I had your money I'd have one of everything! HaHa.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again, I agree on most points - maybe I should have qualified that 'turbo' remark. I'm thinking in the 6lbs boost range, with the smaller tracks and in deep snow - not hard set stuff. I've actually filmed a bunch of sleds trying to break out of a bowl in neck-deep powder and the 174x3 stockers were actually outmarking the turbos. By the time the turbos got up to the highmark their momentum was already toast, whereas the 174's just would keep on going. As I'm sure you know, there is a wide variance in how turbos (and chassis) are set up.

That being said, bolt on a turbo to this new T3 174 and watch what happens... ;-)

Yup seen this lots also. 3ft of fresh and a 162 pro low boost was not going any higher than the 163 3" and 174. Of course your race has sleds are a different story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be getting the 163, the T3 looks like a mean sled. And my friends that have rode em say they are sick!! 174's have been around for years, they aren't my thing personally. But hey if you,ve always wanted one skidoo is making it easy for you.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your trees tighter than the rest of bc? I can guarantee you a 63 will drop into any terrain a 54 would then outshine it while picking ur way thru and out

Top Bottom