2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Cameron

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you see the benefit of it or not It's law and you only need to register it for under 6 months not the whole year all I was doing was pointing out the irony of people dropping tens of thousands of dollars a year on a sport and then whining and complaining that the police are just out to get everyone for cash ya it's a 230 dollar fine if your to stupid to go drop a very small amount on registration everyone knows you need everyone knows they check for it anyway that was my little rant on to the next

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is forgetting what it costs to insure a sled to first be able to register it in Alberta... Total cash grap... Every $100 bucks adds up to a large total price..... I see it coming a snowmobiles course and certification card tHat will need to be shown at trail head to even be able to snowmobile...... 400$$ one day snowmobiles course.... It's only 400 bucks..... We pay taxes to enjoy this awesome sport where will it stop??? The problem is all this extra cash is not spent where it should be.... My 2 cents

pcledrew

Reaction score
I think everyone is forgetting what it costs to insure a sled to first be able to register it in Alberta... Total cash grap... Every $100 bucks adds up to a large total price..... I see it coming a snowmobiles course and certification card tHat will need to be shown at trail head to even be able to snowmobile...... 400$$ one day snowmobiles course.... It's only 400 bucks..... We pay taxes to enjoy this awesome sport where will it stop??? The problem is all this extra cash is not spent where it should be.... My 2 cents

Can you people have this argument elsewhere? This has nothing to do with snow conditions.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, temperatures have been quite warm reaching up to 2 above at 2100m. The upper snowpack is moist and wet but is cooling in the evenings over the next few days. I am unsure if yesterdays percip added up to much in the alpine, but today will be the tell tale.

I would not expect light fluffy over the hood snow, but more like mashed potatoes! Slap some two stroke gravy on that chit and eat it up!

It's sledding lets have fun with what mother nature gives us.

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Yes, temperatures have been quite warm reaching up to 2 above at 2100m. The upper snowpack is moist and wet but is cooling in the evenings over the next few days. I am unsure if yesterdays percip added up to much in the alpine, but today will be the tell tale.

I would not expect light fluffy over the hood snow, but more like mashed potatoes! Slap some two stroke gravy on that chit and eat it up!

Awsome well said I love the power of positive thinking
May come up mo day let it snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

trails better be good or I want my money back!!! Lol

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm driving out west right now. Gonna ride tomorrow, I'm pumped to ride and try out my new riser setup! Hopefully there's some decent snow to be found

pcledrew

Reaction score
Rode Clemina this weekend. Decent to good snow in all areas, however, if you venture off the beaten path, the snow gets deeper. Push down into the trees and it gets better still. Wanted to thank VARDA for all the trail maintenance and whatnot that went into one of the busiest weekends of the year.

Also, want to publicly point my finger and say shame on you people [the guilty ones anyways] who left beer cans, bottles and bags around the cabin and on the trail. I brought 7 or 8 beer cans, 2 bottles and a plastic bag down with me on saturday, all of which I found within 200m of the cabin ON THE TRAIL. Gross. Pack it in, pack it out. Be responsible please. Thanks to those who are.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allen was ok i guess
image.jpg

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a great weekend. Wish we could have stayed longer, but none the less.

Sunday at Clemina, we found some spots, hours of untouched., It was quite awesome.

Top Bottom