2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allen the last 3 days. Rode fresh tracks all 3 days. I was a always a revy guy but Allen Creek has won my heart over. The guys that got tickets have 3 weeks to email there registration in and have the ticket void. Pretty generous really. I had all my stuff ready to show them. ( thanks to this site for giving a heads up in November!)

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saturday we got back to find 2' of fresh from the night before. Wicked day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 723

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you guys just have to show registration, or plates too? I don't carry my plate around with me. . .

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allen the last 3 days. Rode fresh tracks all 3 days. I was a always a revy guy but Allen Creek has won my heart over. The guys that got tickets have 3 weeks to email there registration in and have the ticket void. Pretty generous really. I had all my stuff ready to show them. ( thanks to this site for giving a heads up in November!)

Absolutely they were being generous. This mandatory registration in BC has been in the work's for some time. As you mention there has been much discussion on this forum since the start of the season and a number of the tickets they were handing out at Allen on Saturday morning were to Albertan's where there has been mandatory registration for a long time. Was a best case scenario for the Albertan's I was riding with as they were given tickets for no registration with two weeks to prove registration by fax or email and they were allowed to continue riding without registration. If the CO's were not being generous they could have made the tickets non-retractable and made those without registration load their sleds into their trailers and that would be it for riding that weekend. Good on the CO's for choosing to educate rather than punish in the first year of mandatory registration in BC. Rest assured they will not be as generous in future year's so if you are not yet registered would be a good idea to register now and avoid the worst case scenario and then rant about the unfairness of it all on this forum.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they were both in the Columbia. With Clemina being in the Monashee part of the Columbia and Allan in the Caribou part of the Columbia. Good thing I am not leading the group as I would be lost.

Would let you lead my group any day as you know those hills as well or better than anyone I know. Googled Columbia Range and your are correct. Columbia Range goes all the way from the northern US to north of Valemount on both sides of Highway 5 west of the Rocky Mountain Trench. Cariboo's are west of Highway 5 and Monashees are east of Highway 5. According to Google The Columbia Range has four sub ranges and the Caribou Range and the Monashee Range are two of those sub ranges. Learn something new every day. Had no idea the Columbia Range goes so far north.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solving crime one ticket at a time!!

Good thing we rode keyhole Sunday and Chappel today. Chappel needs another dump, a few areas near second lake and Norbert's were untouched. Grooming was right on point into Chappell, Keyhole well is what it is. Few pics/clips,from weekend here.

found single xxl motofist glove today in chappel today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This backpack was found almost a month ago, we would like to get it back to the owner.

If you can describe some of the items that are in the pack its yours!

PS....you are not getting the shovel back though as these costco POS's should not be in the mountains! lol

++++++++++++++CLAIMED+++++++++++++++++++

Attachments

• 20160209_105315_resized.jpg
    20160209_105315_resized.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Hey guys had a question , was planning on heading out this friday , the weathers not looking to good all week temp wise and will probably weaken the snow even more then it already is. Looks like it's gonna be socked in all weekend, I was going to bring 2 new guys with me i'm thinking on waiting for better conditions , what do you guys think ?

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys had a question , was planning on heading out this friday , the weathers not looking to good all week temp wise and will probably weaken the snow even more then it already is. Looks like it's gonna be socked in all weekend, I was going to bring 2 new guys with me i'm thinking on waiting for better conditions , what do you guys think ?

chappel, nice long trail to get them familiarized with the sled and big open meadows to practice some basics. Can be rode regardless of weather

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
chappel, nice long trail to get them familiarized with the sled and big open meadows to practice some basics. Can be rode regardless of weather
They know how to ride just never been to the mountains. Chappel was what I had in mind, I know the area as well, I was in there before when weather rolled in and it got pretty bad . I know I'm only gonna make one trip this year so I figured id wait until its looking better.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL we get that a lot...."Ive ridden sleds for 30 years blah blah blah...five minutes in an off angle meadow and they are crying for their momma's...lol

As mentioned Chappell Creek is great for beginners and so are the areas within close vicinity of the Allen Creek cabin. Clemina is also a great choice for the newer rider and has a nice shelter for them to rest up in which chappell does not.

Regarding temps...its super warm here now although supposed to cool down for the weekend. Better than taking a newer group out in -20...

Either way, have fun and play safe!

They know how to ride just never been to the mountains. Chappel was what I had in mind, I know the area as well, I was in there before when weather rolled in and it got pretty bad . I know I'm only gonna make one trip this year so I figured id wait until its looking better.

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little update for the upcoming Alberta Family Day weekend.

Attachments

• February 10 2016-page-001.jpg
    February 10 2016-page-001.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 576

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our registration in sask is a little over 120 for 6 months per sled, but 70 percent goes to the trail funds around the area for the warm up shelters and the groomers, well worth it to support the sport in our area

QUOTE=GregW;2242719]$39 to you, multipled by the thousands of sledders out there, equals a cash grab. The more important statistic I would be interested in seeing is, through registration how many sleds stolen have ever been recovered and returned to the rightful owner? The stories we hear suggest otherwise and begs the question - why is registration necessary? It's the rule so we follow it but at the end of the day I have difficulty seeing the benefit?????? Whatever, next topic.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Top Bottom