2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

ewoolner81

Reaction score
Probably foot and a half in the parking lot with a layer of crusty snow/ice at the bottom. Once I figure out how to upload pics on here I will post some

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
posnick, I think Curtis posted the weekly VARDA report recently, and it would talk about that.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep. Thursday nights. Thx guys. Be there in 90 min. If we get a passing lane!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcledrew

Reaction score
If anyone is riding tomorrow and is open for a guy to join your group, I would take you up on it. My buddy got himself hurt and can't make it. AST1 trained, experienced, safe, will drive myself to and from. I'm looking to ride saturday only. Thanks.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure Curtis will post some good pics this evening, from his video on instagram the snow looks deep!! Should be good cant wait!

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing day up top today with upwards of 50cm of fresh snow! All three areas groomed up fresh tonight!

Ride safe everyone. Lots of new load out there sitting on some nasty old snow...

Attachments

• Dec 4 2015.doc-page-001.jpg
    Dec 4 2015.doc-page-001.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 559

Valemount Skier

Reaction score
Crystal Ridge Conditions Friday December 4

As noted in the VARDA Conditions Update and Grooming report, the Crystal Ridge access is good although it hasn't been groomed yet. There are lots of water bar dips between about 4.5km and the start of the uptrack, but only a couple with a bit of open water. The tree that was down across the uptrack at about 10km was cut out today. There were a few places on the uptrack with steeper road cuts where the storm snow had released naturally on the layer of surface hoar that was buried by the latest storm. There was about 35cm of storm snow at the top of the ski runs. A pit just below the top of the ski runs gave repeatable easy results in compression tests on what seemed to be a density interface in the storm snow about 20cm down as well as on the well-preserved surface hoar about 35cm down. Extended column tests gave failures but no propagation on those same layers. Ski conditions on the runs went from good up top to poor at the bottom as the snow got heavier and there was a rain crust at about 4800 feet and lower.

T9000

Reaction score
Hey Fellas I'm looking to join a group for tomorrow, my riding partner had to leave this evening back home for a family emergency and I would like to ride one more day. I would very much appreciate the hospitality I am experienced and safe. PM if any of you don't mind me tagging along.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggest you ask for a refund and never go back there again.
Well said Mike. I could care less what the trail is like 95% of the time cause a day/weekend/week on the hill is better than a day at work.

Mountaineer, I'm sure most people could care less what the trail is like when there is feet of powder up top, so post some pictures of that to add something constructive to the thread👍👍

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom