2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

zeke

Reaction score
rode clemina today. 4-5inches in parking lot. prob less up top. found some decent snow in the trees. def need snow. all in all a good day.
trail was exellent!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has room in their riding group for a tag along? I was going to be down in McBride Friday, Saturday to ride but plans have changed for my usual ridding partner. I have all my avy gear, AST1 certified 3 times and took a refresher last year, and ride a reliable sled. I'm not a chute climber, I ride on the safer side and like to play in the trees also. If im still able to get a room I would like to ride this weekend.

(Man it feels strange posting a wanted ad... LOL)

Edit - Found a group and a cabin for myself in McBride. Thanks for the offers guys, will keep in touch with the guys who responded for my next trip. I would love to ride more this season.

Last edited:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Valemount area was off to its best season start in years although for some time now, we have not had any precipitation worth mentioning. The good news it looks like winter may be coming back to Valemount. Storms are hitting the Cariboos with a vengeance with forecasted snowfalls up to 50cm by Saturday night. All of our major managed snowmobile areas are open and being groomed as the regular schedule suggests on www.ridevalemount.com. Our host team has been out playing in the snow and is very interested in how this new load will work with the sketchy surfaces we have out in the mountains at this time. Take your time as you head out this weekend and gather observations as you go. Read the forecast details on Avalanche.ca, its likely going to be a great weekend to avoid avalanche terrain

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Woohoo it's Gona be deep in the am
Last chance to get in On an Avy course this weekend in valemount contact me it starts fri eve at 6 and won't cut into your ride time. Could accommodate 2-4 people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaumontsledder

Reaction score
I guessed we picked the right weekend to come to Valemount, be there tomorrow morning, woohoo...
Should we do Clemina or Allan Creek first?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good, we are suppose to be booking in January some time for a few days if all goes well,.. On a side note, you are mighty trusting with that dart board by the window haha.

ewoolner81

Reaction score
We rode Allen today. Snowed all day. Tons of fresh and crappy vis. I really don't think it will matter where you ride tomorrow. Parking lot at Allen needs to be plowed. There was at least 4 trucks stuck in the parking lot and pulled out by the time we got unstuck and out of the lot.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys ,
We have 2 rooms left for the weekend , here's your chance to check out what all the fuss is about ,
The Secrets out , we are no longer Valemounts best kept secret

Summit River Lodge
Valemount's Best Kept Secret
Sshhhhhhh

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom