2015 / 2016 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, yes the wind and cool temps sure have settled the snow, but the blue bird skies have certainly made up for it. I know I sound like a broken record, but we found some great snow today and had an amazing ride, get off the goat path if you insist on a fresh line, but be weary that natural hazards still exist! The clear skies are hear to stay for a while. Get up a mountain and enjoy them!

It's ONLY NOVEMBER! :Cool9:

Below are links to the newest Mountain Information Network post as well as our latest video update.

https://www.facebook.com/ridevalemount

Avalanche Canada

BIGTUNA118

Reaction score
Went into clemina today and blew a sled up in the Lakeview plateau area. Beware there is a seized skidoo xm down in the deep depths of that area just in case you are considering a poke down there! Had a good day today. Just hunted wind blown snow. Found the best riding on south facing slopes. Wish me luck on pulling that sled out of there tomorrow!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
g0od luck
Went into clemina today and blew a sled up in the Lakeview plateau area. Beware there is a seized skidoo xm down in the deep depths of that area just in case you are considering a poke down there! Had a good day today. Just hunted wind blown snow. Found the best riding on south facing slopes. Wish me luck on pulling that sled out of there tomorrow!

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good luck! At least if the snow is set up it might be easier to pull it out of there without a chopper!

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Had a great couple days trails are in great shape lots rocks in the alpine Climina hope for a reload as we are back next fri-sun think my 13 yrold had a good time
4ddcdc107d72e5f64c9e860fdb28f1f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode chappel today, snow was decent, blown atound a bit but some good pockets here and there, had a little carnage just over half way theough the day, rocks are sneaky bastards
4fefd86d8ba92d892f1443b6b74b78de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well tracks made into Oasis. Went with 2 bikes and 2 sleds. Someone made it to the end of the cutblock last weekend and packed it in. Some tree down where you head into the trees. Made it interesting. After we got through there was same old story a few stucks on the way in. First bowl was good snow was decent. We made the drop. Almost a bad decision we didn't make the trail all the way down to the second bowl. Turned back took close to 3 hours to get back up the ****ty drop. Made it to the top just as the sun was going down. Lots of untouched if your willing to give it a go. The drop I wouldn't recommend to unskilled riders.
cfbbc1d9796b384f9c868031ea001c5e.jpg
fc1317e8ef822918f81fa86811585c25.jpg
2fc1beeae8aa3566e78ef6559be33109.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

RMPERK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there is some rocks around. Someone smoked this one hard.

002.jpg

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 510
  • Thanks
Reactions: Max

gofast89

Reaction score
Lots of rocks. Snow is setup. We had a great day today tho. Only a bent a arm on one and another electrical fire on another

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a blast today at Allen creek! First ride of the year and it felt good to get back out there, I didn't mind that the hills were skinny of snow and there were LOTS of tracks. We did find some pockets of untouched and I'm sure there are more to be found. Didn't touch 1 rock but we planed it that way. I'm still smiling had a blast it been a long time since I've been on the hills this early.

I want to give a shout out to a family diner in vale that we tried for the first time, it was on the other side of the hotel next to the a@w. It started with a S and cannot remember how to spell it properly, hopefully Curtis can clarify, but we had a very nice meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a blast today at Allen creek! First ride of the year and it felt good to get back out there, I didn't mind that the hills were skinny of snow and there were LOTS of tracks. We did find some pockets of untouched and I'm sure there are more to be found. Didn't touch 1 rock but we planed it that way. I'm still smiling had a blast it been a long time since I've been on the hills this early.

I want to give a shout out to a family diner in vale that we tried for the first time, it was on the other side of the hotel next to the a@w. It started with a S and cannot remember how to spell it properly, hopefully Curtis can clarify, but we had a very nice meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think your talking about the Sarak restaurant

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

Top Bottom