2015/2016 Picture/Video Thread

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20160628_183851.jpg

I used washers on the inside of the case and drilled the holes through both the bracket and the case so they were tight (i actually had to use a hammer to tap them through.) I put the washer on the oversized washer on that side because when removing the case and putting it on the sled I wanted a larger support there. The bracket is made of a more rigid plastic and the case is softer so I would recommend the washers on the case side for sure. I put silicone between the bracket and the case as well as inside the case. So far no leaks or issues. You'll notice that the bracket is a bit off center, thats on purpose so I can more easily use the bracket. The rear support is simply a 1.5" piece of ABS pipe cut in half and siliconed on. The Silicone holds it but I added the foam because it provides more of a soft edge as I noticed it was rattling a little down the trail. The foam stopped it and the duct tape held the foam on. In the future I may remove it and add another bracket on the back edge of the case.

20160628_183901.jpg

Side profile, How the bracket is shaped you get a bit of angle to the case, it works lol

20160628_183932.jpg

Inside my case, The foam is just tear outs and is replaceable. Enough room for my camera, 24-70mm lens, 70-200 mm lens and an extra battery. I could fit more but this is all i've ever needed so why carry more?

Like I said I have about 3500 km on this set up, it works, makes camera access a dream and keeps my gear nice and dry. The foam is starter to deteriorate now (not bad for being 3500 km) (that includes A LOT of ungroomed trails lol) so I'll probably just buy a new foam insert (its like $40 ish i think)

Other than that I think all I'll do is add another Linq bracket. Never had an issue so I dont think its needed but I think it'll make it just that much more secure so why not try it? It's only four more holes in the tunnel lol

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 197564

I used washers on the inside of the case and drilled the holes through both the bracket and the case so they were tight (i actually had to use a hammer to tap them through.) I put the washer on the oversized washer on that side because when removing the case and putting it on the sled I wanted a larger support there. The bracket is made of a more rigid plastic and the case is softer so I would recommend the washers on the case side for sure. I put silicone between the bracket and the case as well as inside the case. So far no leaks or issues. You'll notice that the bracket is a bit off center, thats on purpose so I can more easily use the bracket. The rear support is simply a 1.5" piece of ABS pipe cut in half and siliconed on. The Silicone holds it but I added the foam because it provides more of a soft edge as I noticed it was rattling a little down the trail. The foam stopped it and the duct tape held the foam on. In the future I may remove it and add another bracket on the back edge of the case.

View attachment 197565

Side profile, How the bracket is shaped you get a bit of angle to the case, it works lol

View attachment 197566

Inside my case, The foam is just tear outs and is replaceable. Enough room for my camera, 24-70mm lens, 70-200 mm lens and an extra battery. I could fit more but this is all i've ever needed so why carry more?

Like I said I have about 3500 km on this set up, it works, makes camera access a dream and keeps my gear nice and dry. The foam is starter to deteriorate now (not bad for being 3500 km) (that includes A LOT of ungroomed trails lol) so I'll probably just buy a new foam insert (its like $40 ish i think)

Other than that I think all I'll do is add another Linq bracket. Never had an issue so I dont think its needed but I think it'll make it just that much more secure so why not try it? It's only four more holes in the tunnel lol
Thanks for this marek! Time to come up with one for my setup

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom