2015/2016 Picture/Video Thread

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Send it all day...

And when the sun goes down, continue to send it...

• Thanks
Reactions: Dmf

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4e538f591a4686c8d86e2a677b19cc93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First two from Silent Pass, last one from Fernie.

I have a couple Nikon DSLR's and some good lenses. The guys taking their spendy camera up how are you keeping everything dry and not beating the hell out of them? Only thing I can think of is place them in a lowepro case and put them in my backpack. I can't see the tunnel bag being a good idea. That being said I think my DSLR and Nikkor 70-200 F2.8 would get heavy in the backpack with everything else by days end.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I have a couple Nikon DSLR's and some good lenses. The guys taking their spendy camera up how are you keeping everything dry and not beating the hell out of them? Only thing I can think of is place them in a lowepro case and put them in my backpack. I can't see the tunnel bag being a good idea. That being said I think my DSLR and Nikkor 70-200 F2.8 would get heavy in the backpack with everything else by days end.
Pelican/Nanuk case strapped to the tunnel. If you plan on taking pictures your more the. Likely not going to burn all your fuel so no need for cans on the back.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 197539View attachment 197540View attachment 197541
Yup I take my 1dx with a 70-200 f2.8 wrapped up in a sweater in my avy bag, sometimes it comes out soaking wet.. My friend get nice pictures, I get a sore back :O

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to put my camera in a pelican case and strap it to my tunnel but I really don't think it would withstand the abuse over the whoops, so here's my solution in the mean time.

Fstop tilopia bag with room for a large ICU, Shovel and probes, also with room on top of the bag for additional storage. with access through the back area of the pack directly into the ICU without having to go in from the top of the bag and through all of your gear.. I'll let you guys know how it works next year as I ordered it in march, still haven't received it yet :mad:

ba6626226f3bbf90c81510fbd3471123.jpg

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup I take my 1dx with a 70-200 f2.8 wrapped up in a sweater in my avy bag, sometimes it comes out soaking wet.. My friend get nice pictures, I get a sore back :O

I'd love to put my camera in a pelican case and strap it to my tunnel but I really don't think it would withstand the abuse over the whoops, so here's my solution in the mean time.

Fstop tilopia bag with room for a large ICU, Shovel and probes, also with room on top of the bag for additional storage. with access through the back area of the pack directly into the ICU without having to go in from the top of the bag and through all of your gear.. I'll let you guys know how it works next year as I ordered it in march, still haven't received it yet :mad:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160627/ba6626226f3bbf90c81510fbd3471123.jpg

Gentlemen... Please

A pelican case with a linq bracket bolted to the bottom. I tight fitted my camera along with two lenses and an extra battery into the case and then put a linq bracket on the bottom.

I bolted the bracket to the bottom of the case then siliconed both sizes of the bolts. I then build a rear support bracket for the back of the case (the case is larger than a linq bag...) and duct taped (flame duct tape worth at least 10 hp of course) some foam on it to prevent vibration transfer. In the end I have a super nice case to carry my camera in and I just go a bit slower on the really washboard trails (60 km/h still lol) In the end the camera functions awesome and i've never had an issue. The Foam in the case acts as a buffer to any sudden jolts so you dont have to worry about much plus camera access is a dream :)

I'll post pics when I get home tonight so you can see.

were I to do it again I'd probably get a slightly larger case so I can pack other items in it then use two mounting brackets properly spaced for the tunnel and add another set of linq mounts to the sled. A single mount works fine and I've never had an issue but considering the cost of a full size DSLR and lenses... Two brackets might make me a bit more comfortable. I have about 3500 KM using this setup, its awesome :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom