2014 Yamaha Viper

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
a nytro motor in a fawking cat turd chassis.... wtf was yamaha thinking?

The only thing holding alot of yamaha die hards back was the chassis, market share.... interest.... look at this thread....its going ballistic.... the chassis is cool and with a nytro engine and a turbo, 174, 3"........holy crap.....its just the beginning

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it. Buy the Viper crossover as it has the AC rear skid...throw a tunnel extension on 'er and a 162 AC skid (bolts right up) with a 162 CE track...mountain sled. Now add the turbo...awesome mountain sled.

My 6 year old turbo apex will still be better.
But great idea David

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
holy fawk!!!!.... not since the LHF threads.....lol

There are currently 790 users browsing this thread. (71 members and 719 guests)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also disagree.

They will not win over one customer, unless the person wants to mod the crap out of it. They will keep their customer loyals, unless they absolutely hate cat.
So what does this mean for Arctic Cat?

Kinda looking like we will only see 2 sled sled manufacturers in the mountain market. Sure it's reliable, but.... excuse me.... YAWN...

Cat builds the chassis', Yamaha builds the motors. Less development and R&D for both so... both win. Not hard to understand. Obviously they partnered with Cat and not Doo for a reason (Poo doesn't have a chassis that can accept a 4 stroke motor). Cat chassis is durable and so is Yammy's motor. Yamaha gets a way better chassis to match the powerplant.

People can squwakkkk about market share for sales but when you build a sled that lasts you don't need to sell a million of them each year because you're not building a disposable sled (i.e. the KIA of snowmobiles) that you toss out or have to rebuild after 2 seasons. You gain overall # of sleds on the snow because they aren't worn out after 3000 kms....or breaking suspensions at 300 kms.....or starting on fire.

Yamaha is offering the sled at MSRP of $12,649, cheaper than the 800 ETEC MXZ and will last 10 times as long with only minimal chassis maintenance.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i disagree. as a business that needs to make money, moving less sleds every year (market share) means less money for r and d and this leaves you with the same nytro and apex that have been around for a century now. boring.

people want to see inovation like weve seen from doo and polaris over the last few years.

LOL BRP and Poo spend money on R&D? Which 2 manufacturers have had the most warranty issues (i.e. warranty-related costs) in the past 5 yrs? Potentially the top 2 in sales? I don't think the logic is working.

Product testing means you test the product and you can only call it "innovation" when its successfull, otherwise its called "trial and error". LOL Ask someone getting towed off the mountain with a busted driveshaft how much innovation means to them.

Come have a drink of Aqua Velva with me. It will cure that Doolaide hangover.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet doo will have double the viewers on Sunday.

I guess it was a smart thing for Yamaha, they have finally realized that they are finally beat in the "small" mountain segment. I think it the end personally for "hammer in the hills"..

The only thing holding alot of yamaha die hards back was the chassis, market share.... interest.... look at this thread....its going ballistic.... the chassis is cool and with a nytro engine and a turbo, 174, 3"........holy crap.....its just the beginning

Last edited:

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha I have been pulled down the trail to the truck more riding a doo and poo that ever on a Yamaha.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old 2000 f350 was a super reliable truck too. What do you ride Modman? (honest question, I don't really know...)

LOL BRP and Poo spend money on R&D? Which 2 manufacturers have had the most warranty issues (i.e. warranty-related costs) in the past 5 yrs? Potentially the top 2 in sales? I don't think the logic is working.

Product testing means you test the product and you can only call it "innovation" when its successfull, otherwise its called "trial and error". LOL Ask someone getting towed off the mountain with a busted driveshaft how much innovation means to them.

Come have a drink of Aqua Velva with me. It will cure that Doolaide hangover.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
the only thing holding alot of yamaha die hards back was the chassis, market share.... Interest.... Look at this thread....its going ballistic.... The chassis is cool and with a nytro engine and a turbo, 174, 3"........holy crap.....its just the beginning
$20 - $30,000.00 later, and it might go where most other mountain sleds already can............ Jus' sayin' :(
too bad, i'm a yammie man at heart....... Was hoping for more from yam in the mountain segment. Another disappointing year :(

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
11387_519930491385471_1018095794_n.jpg

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with a friend down at the yammy show, very disappointed group. customers keep coming back and being told next year.... maybe next year. well, not everyone wants a platform to build from. A lot of customers want a turn key mountain ready sled, and unfortunately that isnt yamaha. Again customers are being pushed towards other dealers and suppliers. Mountain sleds may be a small market overall but it doesnt make sense to throw away 10 cents of every dollar you could have had. jmo

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a little bet that the game changer would be a heated seat, lol. What happened to exceeding expectations? ........again!

Top Bottom