2014 Yamaha Viper

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, 1049cc 4 stroke nytro engine, exhaust forward....

Nope the exhaust is still out the rear same as before, it goes under the fuel tank then loops back to come out the bottom rh side of the belly pan. It's the exact same motor that is in the Nytro nothing changed.

fo8wj1

Reaction score
There are currently 1325 users browsing this thread. (78 members and 1247 guests)

Looks like it did spark some intrest :p
Still, not the "game changer" i was hoping for.... stickin with a doo

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Nope the exhaust is still out the rear same as before, it goes under the fuel tank then loops back to come out the bottom rh side of the belly pan. It's the exact same motor that is in the Nytro nothing changed.

Thats right....should make it more "flickable"......lol

side-exhaust.jpg

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new viper is actually manufactured at the arctic cat facility in theif river falls. So they only make the viper in a 141" track, but just buy a cat 162 back tunnel half, rails, bumper and a track and you will have a 162 viper.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys are killing me, finally gave into riding my old 02 800 rmk with the supposive bad motors (still original) and rode it again last weekend in Revy, rode past guys stuck with the newest and greatest, felt good. At the end of the day it was a great ride with great friends, having fun, it's all attitude and your group. I'd throw a leg over that sled with a 141 or 136 track and probably have fun with a good base and 2 feet of dry champagne snow. Got to go now and get my 98 700 rmk ready for Revy this weekend and do some trail riding. lol

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am excited every year to see all the new iron, this will no doubt be a great trail sled but there is absolutely nothing game changing here, it's the same motor in different chassis. I am excited to see what Doo is up to because they don't tend to sit back very often, AC will most likely have a new DI 2 stroke and a boosted nytro/Proclimb. Polaris, I have high hopes for a DI motor but unlikely because the motor they have is compliant, 4 stroke is of no interest to me but maybe they will have something this year. Most likely a new 340, now that I'm excited about :)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cat will have the mountain version of this Chassis/motor combo. Factory turbo?

It's not like they haven't had a factory turbo before....:hmm:

As for cat and 2 smoke motors, I dunno. It says that yama is supplying the motors for Cat now... hmmmm.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cat will have the mountain version of this Chassis/motor combo. Factory turbo?

It's not like they haven't had a factory turbo before....:hmm:

As for cat and 2 smoke motors, I dunno. It says that yama is supplying the motors for Cat now... hmmmm.

article i read only says 4 stroke motors. which means maybe the 1100m gets a new one. didnt think there was any issues with that motor though so not sure what the point is. there 2 stokes need alot of work. would be neat to see a yami direct injected in a cat.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
article i read only says 4 stroke motors. which means maybe the 1100m gets a new one. didnt think there was any issues with that motor though so not sure what the point is. there 2 stokes need alot of work. would be neat to see a yami direct injected in a cat.

If ya think about it, now Yamaha does not have to expend money on chassis design......more money into engine design? Remember, Cat is paying for engines and may even have a say in engine development with Yamaha......There may be alot more to this story than anyone of us know....like Cat having rights to turbo the nytro engine in their own mountain chassis? A new 3 cylinder DI 2 stroke? Who knows what the future will bring..... I don't think there is much room to make the sleds any lighter......

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the 2014 mountain cats ive been told by a reliable source the 100 non turbo is gone. The 1100Turbo is gonna retain the same motor. As for the 2 strokes was told a new 600 DI and a 8something cc DI motor coming that will have approx 175hp from the factory. The new 2 stroke motors will be utilizing the direct injection technology that yamaha has used for years on the outboards. Which was the reason that BRP bought johnson/evinrude years ago was for their fuel technology that gee is now used on there sleds. And yes the cats still meet emissions standards but they are pushing towards the future. Aswell i heard they will be taking 30 pounds or more off the sleds, so that'll get them close the poo weights with alot more power.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
In the 2014 mountain cats ive been told by a reliable source the 100 non turbo is gone. The 1100Turbo is gonna retain the same motor. As for the 2 strokes was told a new 600 DI and a 8something cc DI motor coming that will have approx 175hp from the factory. The new 2 stroke motors will be utilizing the direct injection technology that yamaha has used for years on the outboards. Which was the reason that BRP bought johnson/evinrude years ago was for their fuel technology that gee is now used on there sleds. And yes the cats still meet emissions standards but they are pushing towards the future. Aswell i heard they will be taking 30 pounds or more off the sleds, so that'll get them close the poo weights with alot more power.

Sounds like polaris had better get an engine program going......lol

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

30 pounds you say...no seat, handlebars or skis from the factory...30 lbs...done.

lol
lol
lol

Top Bottom