www.myspace.com
img.jpg

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Busy thread.....lol

There are currently 431 users browsing this thread. (38 members and 393 guests)

Froglegs

Reaction score
Didnt one of the yamaha adds say an industry first for something. does anyone know what that is?

• Thanks
Reactions: cs5

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat builds the chassis', Yamaha builds the motors. Less development and R&D for both so... both win. Not hard to understand. Obviously they partnered with Cat and not Doo for a reason (Poo doesn't have a chassis that can accept a 4 stroke motor). Cat chassis is durable and so is Yammy's motor. Yamaha gets a way better chassis to match the powerplant.

People can squwakkkk about market share for sales but when you build a sled that lasts you don't need to sell a million of them each year because you're not building a disposable sled (i.e. the KIA of snowmobiles) that you toss out or have to rebuild after 2 seasons. You gain overall # of sleds on the snow because they aren't worn out after 3000 kms....or breaking suspensions at 300 kms.....or starting on fire.

Yamaha is offering the sled at MSRP of $12,649, cheaper than the 800 ETEC MXZ and will last 10 times as long with only minimal chassis maintenance.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat builds the chassis', Yamaha builds the motors. Less development and R&D for both so... both win. Not hard to understand. Obviously they partnered with Cat and not Doo for a reason (Poo doesn't have a chassis that can accept a 4 stroke motor). Cat chassis is durable and so is Yammy's motor. Yamaha gets a way better chassis to match the powerplant.

People can squwakkkk about market share for sales but when you build a sled that lasts you don't need to sell a million of them each year because you're not building a disposable sled (i.e. the KIA of snowmobiles) that you toss out or have to rebuild after 2 seasons. You gain overall # of sleds on the snow because they aren't worn out after 3000 kms....or breaking suspensions at 300 kms.....or starting on fire.

Yamaha is offering the sled at MSRP of $12,649, cheaper than the 800 ETEC MXZ and will last 10 times as long with only minimal chassis maintenance.

i disagree. as a business that needs to make money, moving less sleds every year (market share) means less money for r and d and this leaves you with the same nytro and apex that have been around for a century now. boring.

people want to see inovation like weve seen from doo and polaris over the last few years. not the same old same old even the same friggn colors!

yes 4 strokes are great and reliable and last forever...but......its clear thats a small majority that want that.

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A small majority in the mountains, way the NE US out numbers sales by some significant multiples. And these trail riding ol foggies are the ones with cash and want fast sit down reliable sleds. I say from a business stand point collaboration creates differentiation from your competition.

i disagree. as a business that needs to make money, moving less sleds every year (market share) means less money for r and d and this leaves you with the same nytro and apex that have been around for a century now. boring.

people want to see inovation like weve seen from doo and polaris over the last few years. not the same old same old even the same friggn colors!

yes 4 strokes are great and reliable and last forever...but......its clear thats a small majority that want that.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with due repect, I feel bad for the Yamaha dealers who have big investments in there business and employee's and don't have a really good model to sell in the west. They must just cringe when they see big semi loads of poo's and doo's being delivered or having people scouring the country for hard to come by models. The ups and downs of the toy business, you may have a great business plan, but your at the mercy of a engineer and bean counter of the brand you ply.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it. Buy the Viper crossover as it has the AC rear skid...throw a tunnel extension on 'er and a 162 AC skid (bolts right up) with a 162 CE track...mountain sled. Now add the turbo...awesome mountain sled.

Top Bottom