2014 skidoo

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they don't make 9 different owners manuals. So basically someone grabs it out of an 800 e tech... Reads "jetting procedures" puts the book down and gets on snow and mud. They have all the engines in the same book.
It was a course , not a manual, not sure if it was a golf course or intercourse....

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha wow I sure sparked a debate. It was a snowmobile safety course had nothing to do with jetting. The instructor just happened to mention that their fleet of sleds needed to be jetted for mountain elevations as they were not working properly from the dealer. Soooo I figured I would ask if when I pick up my 2014 in the fall if I should expect to need some jetting work done as well?!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha wow I sure sparked a debate. It was a snowmobile safety course had nothing to do with jetting. The instructor just happened to mention that their fleet of sleds needed to be jetted for mountain elevations as they were not working properly from the dealer. Soooo I figured I would ask if when I pick up my 2014 in the fall if I should expect to need some jetting work done as well?!
Maxwell, T team and many other's have already said, that there is NO jetting required on your sled. Just like there is NO jetting on my 10 Iguana. Pull the cord a couple of times and your good to go, no matter where you ride!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell, T team and many other's have already said, that there is NO jetting required on your sled. Just like there is NO jetting on my 10 Iguana. Pull the cord a couple of times and your good to go, no matter where you ride!

Thanks! I was just kind of clarifying that the course wasn't on maintenance or anything. It just made me think to ask the question :) :beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do believe it came out in 97, but I am not 100% sure on that. I had a 97 Summit, and temperature made an effect on jetting and spark plug color. So that is not it! Like I said.... DPM was a great idea for Doo back then, but it wasn't as trouble free. As they are now today, unless you can tell me that you had a new Summit back in 96/97 and there was something back then I was doing wrong? I also was racing for Riverside Honda at that time, so I'm quite sure we tried as much as we could without blowing one up. Which did happen..... lol

I guess I'm the only one that has a memory that long around here Trashy. Lol. DPM came out in 1998 on the Summit x 670. Your '97 Summit 670 had a HAC system. The high altitude compensation (HAC) relied on barometric pressure changes to pressure up the float bowls to meter the proper amount of fuel through the carbs. Your carbs had sea level jets in them and some guys like myself would still jet for temperature which this system would not compensate for. Most guys that jetted a DPM ( Digital performance management) systems did it for mod applications.:trustme:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well if its an etec its just one pull but hey...just sayin..LMAO HEHEHEHE

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to the sneak peak just for Chits and left with a bill af sale for a new x....... Wtf, not sure how that happened. Now I'm goin to have to learn how to circle jerk with the rest of the doolaiders. Just jokes boys, super pumped nov can't come quick enough!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it should be mentioned just so every one is clear here, you couldnt change jets on a etec if you wanted too.

Etecs have fuel injectors, not carbs, any fueling changes have to be done with a computer.

And yep 97 670 summit just had the HAC.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Went to the sneak peak just for Chits and left with a bill af sale for a new x....... Wtf, not sure how that happened. Now I'm goin to have to learn how to circle jerk with the rest of the doolaiders. Just jokes boys, super pumped nov can't come quick enough!!!

Atta boy! Doolaide is great and I am sure you will enjoy it to the fullest! Already you are grinning ear to ear.....:yo:

Top Bottom