2014 skidoo summit xmx

Nytroxpress

Reaction score
2014 skidoo summit xmx
Hey guys.

I was looking over my sled and noticed the sleeve on the front kyb shocks are at different heights. It's the sleeve with the numbers on it. There is about 1" difference where they are at when both set on 3. To adjust the sleeve do I just rotate down till it bottoms out and that is where it is soposta be to set it at desired number or do I rotate it up or measure and put it half way ?

Any help would be great

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
you got a picture? are they both he same length shock. is one blown?

that collar is to adjust spring preload, and should be the same on both shocks,

Nytroxpress

Reaction score
That's the problem it's not at the same height. If I grab the sleeve with my hand I can turn it up or down on both sides just wondering where it should be set

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
the farther down the collar is. the more spring preload you have, it raises the ride height and stiffins up the shock some. the opposite happens when you screw the collar up.

Nytroxpress

Reaction score
I thought I just screwed the nut to disired setting? By me just turning the sleeve all it does is move up and down witch ever way I turn it. Don't think that is doing anything to the spring pressure. I'll get a pic as soon as I can but it's the sleeve with the numbers that covers the threads on the shocks.

sledd boy

Reaction score
Take a close look at it there is a slit in the numbered collar. The collar is slipped on the shock and it sits in a recessed area in the shock it is most likely not in the right place. To adjust the spring you just turn only the threaded nut/collar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom