2014 m8

Big Jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked her up used for a good deal. I have zero knowledge on this sled. It's black and orange lol. Been completely DEbagged. Love the sled and only have had it out for a couple short trips.
So lol remember I know nothing of New cat sleds.
What's run down on this sled good bad and is it still considered a M8 or M8000 or what the heck.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Big Jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had it a month but havnt really spent much time checking it out.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8000, pretty much no difference 2014 to 2015 and they had most of the early issues straightened out on it. I have one and it is a fun sled. 2016 has a bunch of improvement, most notably a narrower front end which can be retrofit easily to the 2014, Team clutches which can also be fit although more work, and a revised skid which really isn't an upgrade option due to different mounts, but is also probably the least noticeable change.

powder dreams

Reaction score
I have no complaints on my 2014 other then i should have got black/orange instead of white. only issue iv had was the mix oil tank didnt seal well from factory but its a easy fix. I bought some used vented panels to help keep everything cool. top up the oil pull the cord and go.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints on my 2014 other then i should have got black/orange instead of white. only issue iv had was the mix oil tank didnt seal well from factory but its a easy fix. I bought some used vented panels to help keep everything cool. top up the oil pull the cord and go.

What did you do to fix the oil tank?

Big Jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try mine out in the next few days. Give it a good trashing out west. Mine is orange and black. Has vented panels which I don't like. Pipe and few other things I don't like.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
I'm going to try mine out in the next few days. Give it a good trashing out west. Mine is orange and black. Has vented panels which I don't like. Pipe and few other things I don't like.

The vented panels are one of the smartest things to do on these. especially clutch side.

Big Jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope I don't mountain sled and I have a habit of crossing rivers

powder dreams

Reaction score
What did you do to fix the oil tank?

i just drained the tank and pulled it off the chaincase. cleaned it up real good and re-siliconed it. nothing major just a pain to drain the tank. i cut open a 1L oil container and ran it out the exhaust hole into a jug.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked her up used for a good deal. I have zero knowledge on this sled. It's black and orange lol. Been completely DEbagged. Love the sled and only have had it out for a couple short trips.
So lol remember I know nothing of New cat sleds.
What's run down on this sled good bad and is it still considered a M8 or M8000 or what the heck.

I would spend the $20.00 and buy an oil cap from a 15/16 to avoid an air lock and engine replacement.

Big Jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I need to change my oil cap. I can do that.lol

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
YES, the oil cap is really cheap insurance. ask dealer to run vin and ensure all updates are complete. If you ever end up opening up your chain case, I recommend pulling out the auto tensioner and putting in a manual.

Top Bottom