2014 6.7 cummins 3500

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I'm on my fourth Dodge diesel ('99 2500, '03 3500 SRW, '07 3500 SRW, and currently an '11 3500 SRW) and I've never experienced the "death wobble" on any of them. As a matter of fact, I never had any major issues with them. I treated all of them like it was my hard earned money that bought them. Regular servicing and take care of minor issues while they're still minor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fact is, they all break and have their issues. Find a dealer that will treat you right after the sale and enjoy the new truck. All three HD diesels are excellent trucks with more than ample power to haul your toys around. My 2012 3500 6.7 megacab has been an excellent truck so far, would I buy another if I were in the market for one? Sure, but I also wouldn't hesitate to look at a Ford or GM truck either.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I don't own one and I'm no expert. A good friend of mine has one. He has 60000km on it no major issues. Last week he said his front tires are wearing funny but no wobble. He is going to take it in. I don't know the numbers in just Alberta. But ford out sells ram diesel trucks 7 to 1 in North America. Could be why there is more ford's in the shop. Acording to an artical in diesel power magazine. If your just hauling a sled it wil be a excellent truck for you.

biggie25

Reaction score
I got a 2014 3500 blackout edition.. Love the look of it.. Also have that asin tranny... Very nice.. The dodge does Handle very well and has a nice ride. The interior is nice as well. The max I have towed with it is close to 13k.. Handled it no prob.. Don't expect to win drag races though as it's the slowest of all the 1 tons..

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a 2014 3500 blackout edition.. Love the look of it.. Also have that asin tranny... Very nice.. The dodge does Handle very well and has a nice ride. The interior is nice as well. The max I have towed with it is close to 13k.. Handled it no prob.. Don't expect to win drag races though as it's the slowest of all the 1 tons..

How do you like the Aisin trans? I wasn't a big fan of the rubberband 68rfe.

Biggie30

Reaction score
It's a nice tranny. . Shifts are smooth.. quick to respond.. no jerking. . Seems solid.. just FYI dodge only gives you a 3 year warrenty on the transmission though.. but it is for a lot more miles then the standard warrenty 5 year. The aisin has been pretty proven in the 4500 and 5500 in the past few years..

Biggie30

Reaction score
The only real issue is that it chews through the Def when towing heavy loads.. when not loaded it barley uses any..

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a nice tranny. . Shifts are smooth.. quick to respond.. no jerking. . Seems solid.. just FYI dodge only gives you a 3 year warrenty on the transmission though.. but it is for a lot more miles then the standard warrenty 5 year. The aisin has been pretty proven in the 4500 and 5500 in the past few years..

Really? That's interesting, only 3 years warranty when that is supposed to be a beefier trans too. Hey did you change your name from biggie25 to Biggie30? Lol

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? That's interesting, only 3 years warranty when that is supposed to be a beefier trans too. Hey did you change your name from biggie25 to Biggie30? Lol

One of my friends has a 4500. It's putting out around 500hp on a stock trans, he leaves the programmer on the highest setting even when towing heavy. Seems to handle it fine, it's pretty new though.

dodgeram18

Reaction score
you wont have any issues, emission controls might piss you off with dash messages once in a while. front end and transmission problems is what dodge is know for. you wont see any issues most likely. I always beat up my truck and drive them for what they are. they are built decent. transmission does have a short lifespan when its abused. if you keep it stock you will be good for years. if your smart you will delete emission controls. dpf, exhaust fluid, egr. with a h&s tuner and upload the transmission tune (12-1500)and your set. if you like the hot tune or download the hot damn tune you may want a set of head studs. (5-600) bucks simple to install.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only real issue is that it chews through the Def when towing heavy loads.. when not loaded it barley uses any..
I agree with above. I have about 25K on my 14 2500 Mega. It likes DEF when it’s loaded but uses nothing when empty. Power seems sharper than my 10. My 14 actually feels about as strong as my 10 with a 60hp shot, but the 10 was a 650TQ 6.7L. Motor is a bit more refined, cab is quieter. This is my 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Cummins. My 98 and 04 were great. My 10 was nice, but sold with 85K on it. I changed everything that was possible in the front end and couldn’t get some tracking issues out of it. My best guess is the steering box was never properly adjusted, but I could never get anyone to admit it and I was so frustrated with it, and the dealership, I threw the towel in on that one. Also had a valve body in the tranny fail with 8K, truck was completely stock. Was replaced under warranty, but they had my truck for 29 days as the valve bodies were back ordered at the time.

All in all great truck. If there’s one thing that sticks out in my mind that has improved significantly, it’s that even after 80-100K, there are no squeeks or any other funny noises from panels. Truck is built a lot tighter than previous. Would buy another again.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Dodge is the way to go, I own a mobile HD repair company and I did the Ford thing just to try and I was not impressed I was paying at least 2000 a month in repairs after my 20 days on. I would literally call the wife and tell her to meet me at the shop and drop it off. Just turned into one of this things... so I got tired of it and bought a new ram again.. I've had 3 so far and will never use a Ford product, can't work on them can't see the turbo kind of a joke. I6 is simple and they last

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure like my 10 megacab 3500 with 135,000kms. DPF delete and EGR turned off with Edge. I have a 15 on order and hope it will as good as the 10 has been. Guess I will have to advertise the 10 soon as the 15 is suppose to arrive around January. :d

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 3500 long box crew cab. Picking it up Thursday. I was going back and forth between getting another cummins or the new hemi 6.4. I went with the 6.4 hemi. Hoping it works out well. Been doing research and lots of guys have made the switch to the big hemi and have been very happy.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice motor the 6.4 but keep truck to the stock tire sizes and not lifted .
Lifted and big tires you will know the fuel stops ? Lol

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice motor the 6.4 but keep truck to the stock tire sizes and not lifted .
Lifted and big tires you will know the fuel stops ? Lol
I was planning on it. I might go one size up but not anymore then that. I had 35's on my last one ton and it was nice but to high to load stuff into easily. Plus I have a camper that will be used on the back. Height and camper jacks don't go well together.

Top Bottom