2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha that's wat I was thinkin. Hopefully she stays above freezing would be nice to make better time then 2 weeks ago lol

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lots of fresh right now? Gonna have a newb with us this weekend. I'll be on older iron (09) BUT she can still dangle a bit. Just wanna know how hard we are gonna have to look for dece riding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So lots of fresh right now? Gonna have a newb with us this weekend. I'll be on older iron (09) BUT she can still dangle a bit. Just wanna know how hard we are gonna have to look for dece riding.

Just got off the phone with some guys that rode today said it was go ten feet stuck kind of snow. Yeehaww

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is like spring riding yes there is a base now... So not too many stucks...ridin Allen Cr tomorrow again so that say it all...maybe 40 riders there today... Tons of pow left...

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All this guessing rain/snow/how much? Is kinda of frustrating. I know VARDA has been interested in a webcam for some time although with the new shelter build cannot come up with the scratch this season. Initial estimates are around 8 grand for the purchase and installation.

Are there any people on this forum that have extensive experience with satellite linked cameras and solar systems? That has been one of the main challenges, finding someone in the area with extensive experience in setup and installation.

Would users be interested in donating a few bucks to get this done? I know Frozen Pirate would throw in a hundred bucks

Think we as as sledders could fund this?

Just bored drinking coffee before I go get soaked.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
All this guessing rain/snow/how much? Is kinda of frustrating. I know VARDA has been interested in a webcam for some time although with the new shelter build cannot come up with the scratch this season. Initial estimates are around 8 grand for the purchase and installation.

Are there any people on this forum that have extensive experience with satellite linked cameras and solar systems? That has been one of the main challenges, finding someone in the area with extensive experience in setup and installation.

Would users be interested in donating a few bucks to get this done? I know Frozen Pirate would throw in a hundred bucks

Make a call to Revy, see if they want to share their info, and experience, and maybe let them work the bugs out this year, then you just have to duplicate their system.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I throw in $500 plus I'd start a big pickle jar and I'm sure our customers would throw in also , I'd just go around with the jar every night around 10:30 in the sled shed lol
Seriously though this would be a awesome .
By the way rain again in the Valley bottom here.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make a call to Revy, see if they want to share their info, and experience, and maybe let them work the bugs out this year, then you just have to duplicate their system.

Ya I have chatted with Kathy quite a bit. Yamaha was a big contributor to that system. And I may be mistake but pretty sure they have cell service which is a big bonus that we wont have. If there is interest, I may ask VARDA (i know a guy ;)) to get a thread and paypal link going. The kicker would be that people would have to understand that we need to fund almost the full amount and that the funds donated would need to be held until such time. We would also need a few larger donors that I am sure would get advertising on the cameras page.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I throw in $500 plus I'd start a big pickle jar and I'm sure our customers would throw in also , I'd just go around with the jar every night around 10:30 in the sled shed lol
Seriously though this would be a awesome .
By the way rain again in the Valley bottom here.

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

You are awesome Terry.

There you go, we almost have a grand and it has only been 10min.

Please pass this message out and I be sure there will be a formal post this evening.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya I have chatted with Kathy quite a bit. Yamaha was a big contributor to that system. And I may be mistake but pretty sure they have cell service which is a big bonus that we wont have. If there is interest, I may ask VARDA (i know a guy ;)) to get a thread and paypal link going. The kicker would be that people would have to understand that we need to fund almost the full amount and that the funds donated would need to be held until such time. We would also need a few larger donors that I am sure would get advertising on the cameras page.

communication would be the issue up at the location then, I mean without good cell service, you're going to have to rely on Satellite, and I'm not sure what kind of Data it can handle. The monthly service charges could be quite high. (my former IT geek self speaking)

Top Bottom