2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We'll be there Thursday night. hopefully Friday and Saturday will have some fresh snow!!

getoan

Reaction score
Just unloaded and did a lil water skippin in the backyard. Finally got the sleds home :D

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is heading up Clemina can someone pm me with some info regarding my sled. It's still up on the back side of goat ridge. The chopper company is wanting to know if it's buried or not yet and what the visibility is like getting to it. Thanks.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is heading up Clemina can someone pm me with some info regarding my sled. It's still up on the back side of goat ridge. The chopper company is wanting to know if it's buried or not yet and what the visibility is like getting to it. Thanks.
Sure hope they can get it out soon for you

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My crew is headin up tomorrow we have a few turboed 4 strokers we could prob tow it out post ur # Kyle I will call you

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last time my sled was heli out it was 1200$$ and a tee shirt from Yellowhead at a rate of 1700 an hour but more if they can't land to rig and hook

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does not look like the chopper can land to hook your sled. what we have done in the past in this situation is have a skier drop off the top down to sled and hook for the chopper, then ski down and someone pick him up at bottom. less cost for sure.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope the sleds not burried and it comes out easy. Hopefully the sleds in decent shape after its tumble. I imagine it his some rocks but hopefully its not a write off

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does not look like the chopper can land to hook your sled. what we have done in the past in this situation is have a skier drop off the top down to sled and hook for the chopper, then ski down and someone pick him up at bottom. less cost for sure.
That's an awesome idea with the skier.

Last one I did we got a radio and straps from Yellowhead and waited at the machine and hooked it for him. Maintained contact with the radio.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets keep in mind that serious consideration of the avalanche hazard needs to be taken before anyone attempts to retrieve that sled! That is a very large north facing aspect subject to wind loading and cornice formation!!
this story has a happy ending to this point, hopefully everyone uses their head and keeps it that way!!

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pics of conditions? Got a couple sent to me looks deep... But wanna see more!! Someones gotta be up there this week

Top Bottom